That escalated quickly.

Silence descended again, this time decidedly more comfortable. Wong and Clea entered briefly to fill their own bowls but left quickly to return to whatever they had been doing before. Stephen found this rhythm oddly comforting, how the strange group of them orbited round the house together, occasionally crossing paths; close without the need to be attached at the hip constantly. Although he would never admit it, it was the kind of friendship that he'd longed for as a child and given up hoping for as a teenager.

Staring into to his soup he wondered, rather stupidly, if Loki would ever become part of his mismatched group. Whilst the God seemed rather cold (literally) he must have some kind of deeper, more easy going side for someone like Thor to have mourned him so. After all, Thor was overwhelming loud and cheery 24/7.

The question slipped out almost unconsciously, "Will you go and see your brother?"

Loki's green eyes flicked up to meet his own, "No."

Stephen sighed, why did this guy have to be so difficult, and placed his spoon down into his now empty bowl, "He didn't seem to be in a good place since you left-"

"He doesn't want to see me."

"I just think that you should-"

"I don't care what you think", Loki pushed his bowl away, spoon clattered within it, "Don't tell me what to do." And he pushed his chair out, tucked it into the table with a lot more force than necessary and sculked out of the kitchen.

Now that seemed more like the Loki he had heard about.

A/N I'm backkkkkkkk. I feel like this is the end of the first sort of 'chapter'....