The Beginning

💓 ~~~💓

Today is my first day as a fifth-year Gryffindor. Remus and I are in the backseat of our parents' car, shaking with anticipation of seeing our friends; his being James, Sirius, and Peter, mine being Lily, Marlene, and Alice. We haven't seen them for the entirety of the Summer besides the occasional letters specifically for my brother, and my daily calls. 

Like most twins, Remus and I have always been close. Ever since he was bitten after our 5th birthday, we were never allowed to have friends (let alone be outside) so we only had each other to play and talk with. For our entire lives we have been each others main support system, besides our new friends we made in our first year at Hogwarts. Even after we met our six other confidants, we continued our close relationship, bringing the two of our groups together and leading James Potter to Lily Evans (I like to say I am their matchmaker). Sadly, Lily refuses to admit her love for my brother's best friend...yet that doesn't stop James one bit. 

As for me and Remus, we have similar appearances; his ginger hair compliments my bright crimson locks, and my hazel eyes match his. His 5'10 height, however, is no comparison to my short 5'4ness; him and all of his friends tower above me except for Peter. And unlike my brother, I am no werewolf. However, I am an animagus which I pride myself upon. 

Currently, I am staring out the window of my parents 1971 Volkswagen and listening to my Fleetwood Mac cassette tape. 

"Roslyn! Remus! We're here!" My mom yells from the passenger's seat.

I grab my flimsy headphones from my hair in excitement, resulting in tangles that won't leave without a fight, and Remus doing the same, but with more grace. 

My dad is already pulling our suitcases from the trunk and asking me for help. I shouldn't have brought five bags, but who knows what I'll need in case of emergency. My brother, however, only has 2 bags; one for his endless amount of cardigans (which I manage to sneak throughout the year) and the other for the rest of his belongings. 

I grab three of my bags and sprint to the doors of King Cross Station, kicking them open & refusing to wait for the rest of my family; I'll see them again in 4 months. That's when I spot him.

Sirius Black. 

That elegant, handsome, insanely stupid boy. Just looking at him gives me butterflies, and makes a smile creep on my face. I don't like him though, of course not; that'd be even more stupid.

His back is turned to me and I quietly sneak behind him and lurk among the brick walls. I peak to see if he's looking (which he isn't) then drop my bags and run behind him, launching onto his back.

"What the fuck, Ros?" 

He says it so seriously, but I can see his smile.

"Hey stranger!"

I drop back to the floor and pick up my belongings. I stand again, and grin brightly up into his eyes, him laughing while he pushes me into the wall.

"Ow! That was very mean of you, Black."

"Yeah, well you deserved it."

I smile at him once more, and begin walking towards my best friends, close to the doors of the express.

"I'll see you on the train!"

"Catch you then, Black."

"ROSIE!!"

I screech with excitement at the sight of Marlene McKinnon, one of my best friends.

"MARLENE!"