Chapter Four

💓 ~~ 💓

[KESTRAL: kes·trel /ˈkestrəl/ noun: a small falcon that hovers with rapidly beating wings, searching for prey on the ground.]

~~~~

The new DADA professor was fairly normal; she was nothing special compared to the ones before her. Strict, cold, terrifying. She wrote her name on a new pop-up chalkboard she had brought with her: Professor Kestral. We spent the rest of the class reading the first chpater in our text book on Ghouls, her shushing us every five minutes from her desk as her eyes peeked above her half-moon glasses.

Kestral has black hair with a matching set of eyes. Her skin is flawless, no wrinkles present- presumably because I have yet to see her smile. She was wearing a matching green shirt and pant set with a black sweater covering her arms (which seemed rather odd to me, considering she was a Gryffindor). Although her personality was similar to past professors, her appearnace was not. She was gorgeous, and her style was unlike most women in the 70s. Her crochet hair was brought into a full braid, and her eyelids were concealed by dark shadow. I like her.

(A/N: My fan cast for Professor Kestral is Danai Gurira. Aka Michonne from TWD and Okoye from Black Panther. You can think of whoever you want in her place, but this is my interpretation <3)

The bell rings seconds before I would've fallen asleep, so I begin packing my books and quills into my bag. I stretch in my seat, and stand next to Peter, whose spot is beside mine.

I hold my arm out to him so he can latch his around it, to which he complies. We walk out of the classroom together, and exit the hallways to our lake route.

"The rumour is that you went to the hospital last night."

I nod as I try to perfectly place my footprints in front of the other on top of the crushed grass blades.

"The rumours are correct. I guess it was pretty bad last night; I blacked out as soon as I turned, which has only happened one time before...now that I think about it, I don't even remember switching back which is extremely weird."

Its his turn to nod, and my eye-level rises to the upcoming body of water. The sky is filled with clouds, making the lake seem gloomier than usual for a summer day.

"Have you seen Remus?"

I turn to look at Peter, who's arm is still hugging mine.

"Yeah...I have."

His hesitance scares me a bit, but I try not to worry. If something was wrong, Sirius would have told me earlier.

"Ok, and?"

"Well, Ros, he isn't looking so good."

My brows drop and so does my stomach.

"What do you mean? Like he looks sick?"

"No, he...well, you see, his face got torn up a wee bit, so now it doesn't look that great."

I unhook our arms and stand in front of him. I try to examine his facial expression for any signs of false information, but fail to see anything suspicious.