Chapter Three

💓 ~~ 💓

Embarrassment can not even describe my feelings. Madame Pomfrey let me go after the excruciating pain of fixing my broken limbs, giving me access to a mirror. I have deep purple under eyes with black and yellow bruises stretching over my arms and legs. I can tell there had been a deep gash along my stomach, for now a white mark is drawn across my skin- excess from what our nurse could not hide. A similar mark is along my neck, presumably teeth marks. Although Madame Pomfrey fixed me, I can still feel my bones aching and my head throbbing. 

There is only thirty minutes until my next class, and that is barely any time useful for drowning myself in makeup. I say a quick 'thank you' to my savior, and rush to the Gryffindor commons, hoping no one would be having their free-period there. 

I pull a sweatshirt over my body, and raise the hood to cover my head as a means to hide amongst the multiple hallways. I successfully arrive in the comfort of the common room, and skip up the stairs to the girls dormitory where I share a room with Marlene, Alice, and Lily. I walk in to find my bags waiting for me on the bed furthest to the right, and open my toiletries suitcase. Inside there are the basics, a toothbrush and paste, a hairbrush, straightening iron, etc., then my makeup bag inside with all the necessities, but skip right through it all to the foundation and concealer. I quickly grab them alongside a thick brush and run to the bathroom, my heart racing with anxiety. 

I set everything down and stare at my reflection for a couple seconds, gathering my thoughts. Before the tears drip down my face, I breathe deeply to calm myself down. Once I stop shaking, I pick up the brush and place some of the foundation onto my face and neck. It begins to blend nicely, so I wipe the concealer all along my under-eyes, arms, and neck; the colored marks on my skin begin to fade underneath the heavy makeup. In order to have a more natural look, I slap some eyeshadow and mascara onto my eyes, and add some blush to my colorless cheeks. I brush through my knotted hair and change out of my clothes into the uniform within my other bag. 

The clock says I still have 15 minutes until my next class, so I use this time to pack my book bag for my D.A.D.A. period and chug some water. For a few minutes I work on my breathing, then accept the fact its time to exit the dormitory. 

I pace down multiple staircases and into the hallways of the castle, already having decided to use the short cut to the Defense Against the Dark Arts class the boys showed me in third year. Making sure no one is near, I duck underneath a gargoyle statue, into the shadow-filled sewer lines underneath Hogwarts.

I turn back around as I walk to make sure my entry has closed when I bump into something. I mutter an apology and keep on walking before stopping in my tracks. Who else knows about these sewer lines? I spin around, nearly tripping on my own shoes, and try to adjust my eyes in the darkness. 

"Hello?"

I hear the shuffle of footsteps stop, and then complete silence. Besides water dripping from the ceiling, there was no sound, and an overwhelming amount of black blocking my eyes from any light. My heart begins to race at the absence of my senses, yet I don't move. 

"I know someone is in here." 

I put my hands out in front of me to make sure I don't run into anything else as I begin moving towards the place I felt something. 

My feet move slowly while my breath becomes quick; the boys have to be playing a prank on me. The worry in my veins begins rising, and I stop moving once more.  

"Answer me."

 I almost start running backwards to my original path when there is nothing but silence as a response, but I hear someone answer.