Chapter One

💓 ~~ 💓

After James had explained every detail of his plan to win over Lily, I decided to leave the boys and join my friends for the rest of the ride. We conversed about our shopping at Diagon Alley where Alice had run into Snape and his family, the two extra classes we had all decided on, and whether or not D.A.D.A would be enjoyable or not with the new teacher. Eventually, we changed into our robes as the express was entering Hogwarts grounds- the bubbling in my stomach never leaving for one second. 

My friends and I hop into the same boat as we cross to our school, excitement visible on everyone's faces. Although many people disliked it, the hat sorting ceremony is one of my favorite parts of our first day. Every tiny kid reminds me of 11 year old Remus standing in front of me in line.

After we all step onto the dry land, I skip up to Hagrid- unable to remain calm.

"Hiya Rosie. 'Ow was your summer?"

"It was good. Remus and I travelled to France to see Beauxbatons' campus! Of course, its hidden as ours is so it took quite a while to get there, but bloody hell Hagrid, it was gorgeous. The ride was just beautiful- trees and lakes, but the inside of the school itself...gosh it was simply wonderful.  Everything is so ancient and bright, and even though the students were away for summer, there were still plenty of girls there wearing the blue outfits. But besides that, my break was fairly uneventful."

"Boy that sounds amazin' Ros! Did you hap'n to see Olym- Er, Madame' Maxine?"

"Barely. We waved to her from a distance, but I don't think she saw us."

"Oh. Well, I'm waitin' for a response from 'er actually. Tha's why I asked, by the way."

"I'm sure she'll respond soon, Hagrid."

Just then, we arrive at the entrance on the side of the castle, and I drop my bags in the hallway. I turn around and see Lily approaching slower than I would like, so I giggle and grab her wrist, pulling her alongside me as I run to the best spot at the Gryffindor Table. We sit across from each other at the very edge of the stretched out table, the best seats to watch the sorting.

People are just beginning to flood into the Great Hall, and I try to spot a specific person, which I fail to find. So I turn back to Lily, seeing her trying to find someone among the crowds as well.

"Who you looking for, huh?"

I grin and wink in her direction when she looks at me, responding with only a stuck out tongue.

I giggle while she tries to hide her blush, and thats when I feel the bench beneath me shift.

Sirius sits next to me on my right, James across from him on Lily's left. Black and I lock eyes for the second time today, but only for a split second, making it unnoticeable to anyone else. I spin my sight to the table in front of me, and I can already feel the heat rush to my cheeks. First day jitters are becoming unbearable.

I wring my hands together and look towards the professor's dining table, watching the line of kids to the side. I spot a short little boy with dark black hair swaying back and forth in anticipation- his breathing insanely quick. I try waving to catch his attention before his name is called, and successfully, his gaze shifts from McGonagall to me. I smile as friendly as I can, and try saying hi with just my lips. He waves back with a sweet grin, making my heart melt. His name is called up next.

"Faye, Sebastian...Gryffindor!"

I clap loudly for my new buddy, and whistle as annoyingly as I can, causing James and Sirius to do the same.

"Lupin, Potter, Black, I warn you to not start your year this way."

McGonagall glares at us through the top of her tiny glasses, and returns to the list in her hands. I smile innocently at Dumbledore who is sitting in the chair with a clear view of me. He says nothing, but nods in my direction. I hear Lily trying to hide her laugh behind her hand, and I slap her arm, in a gentle matter of course.

"My brother is a prefect this year and he will send you to detention for laughing at me, Evans."

"Oh yes, sweet Remus is going to send me to detention. Rosie, I think you should be more worried about yourself."

I grab my chest to show my hurt at her words, yet she does nothing but roll her eyes.

"Sirius, tell Lily that I won't be getting into any more trouble than you."

Although I am speaking to him, I am staring Lily in the eyes while exaggerating my words a tiny bit.

"Oh yes Evans, don't worry about Ros here, she won't get into any more trouble than myself."

"Do you really think that is a great comparison, Rosie? Saying you won't get into more trouble than the biggest delinquent here?"

I open my mouth in shock, but smile simultaneously, and she starts laughing. I turn my head to Sirius and begin talking to him, trying my best to not stare into his eyes for longer than normal.

"Did you hear what she just called you Black?"

"I definitely did, Ros."

"I feel like we should do something to get back at her, don't you think?"

I scratch my head for dramatic affect, while continuing my conversation with the man in front of me.

"You're speaking my language now."

Although my body is facing Black, I twirl my head to look at James.

"Hey Potter, would you be willing to help us on our first mission?"

"Absolutely I would."

"Good, good. Excellent."

Just then, the sorting ceremony finishes, and our headmaster stands.

"Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! For those new, and those returning, remember to avoid the Forbidden Forest,"

I look at Sirius again, and we make instant eye contact- we both know that won't happen.

The Sorting Hat sings a new song, almost putting me to sleep, then Dumbledore speaks again. 

"Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"

With that, food appears on the tables, and our feast begins.

💓 ~~ 💓

A/N: Hello again! <3 Sorry this chapter was kind of short and boring, I had to connect the beginning and the next chapter somehow ahah. I hope you all had a great day! Remember to drink some water and eat a snack! Lots of love :) -bubby