》16《

Your P.O.V

After the pair of feet pushed through the vent there was a moment of silence, then the person struggled slightly until they slid all the way down to the ground as if on a slide. They hit the floor with their feet first but instantly lost their balance and fell backwards. He sat on the ground for a moment, running his hands across his face like it would completely clean himself. He was able to wipe some of the dust from his face but nearly his whole body was covered. Time seemed to be moving slowly now but Garroth still spoke almost immediately.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Garroth asked. He sounded more angry than surprised which gave me the urge to slap him.

"Is that how you greet the man who's about to save your life?" Laurance asked.

He had said almost exactly what I was thinking.

"You're supposed to be at the village." Garroth said taking a step towards the bars and grabbing onto one of them.

"And you're in jail." Laurance said, not making much sense at all. He was standing now but standing still.

Garroth sighed and made a noise which let me know he hadn't understood what Laurance was talking about either.

"I told Lord Aphmau not to leave your side." Garroth said sounding slightly more calm now. Everyone else was silently watching their argument.

"Lord Aphmau didn't get a chance to find me after you told her that." Laurance said raising his eyebrows towards Garroth.

"So she has no idea where you are?" Garroth asked his tone going right back up to more angered.

"Yes she does, well, Travis does atleast." Laurance said calmly.

"You-," Garroth stopped and blew air through his teeth, "do you know how worried she probably is?"

"Yes I do, because of you. Since when do you just up and leave the village, and with two members of the Jury of Nine. You didn't even explain what was going on." Laurance sounded more exasperated and worried now.

"That's because I can't. Would you go get the fucking keys please." He wasn't as loud now and he sounded more hurt than angry.

Garroth watched Laurance walk away from the cell and to a spot in the room none of us could see from inside the cell. I watched Vylad stand up in the corner of my eye.

When he came back into view he had two rings around his wrist, each with around ten keys on them. There were only two large cells in the room, but these looked to just be holding cells so it was possible there were more in another area.

Laurance pushed one key, after another, after another, after another, into the key slot. We all seemed to be holding our breath in the silence even though the chance of the key we needed being on one of those rings was extremely high.

He didn't need to move onto the second ring before he found the key that worked for the cell. It clicked loudly as he twisted and the door visibly became unhinged. Garroth pushed it open and even though he looked like he had barely touched it, it swung open and hit the other side of the cell wall.

Garroth wrapped his arms around Laurance as he exited, something neither I nor Laurance had expected because he stumbled back a step. Laurance slapped Garroth in the back doing something that could only be described as a 'bro hug'.

"You owe me so many shift covers." Laurance sighed letting Garroth take a step away from him.

"No I don't." Garroth replied flatly.

Katelyn and I had left the cell just seconds after Garroth and now stood to the side of them. I watched Laurance turn his attention to Vylad, as if no one else was in the room. Vylad stared right back up at Laurance as he exited the cell.