《5》

Your P.O.V

"If I were you, I'd never get out of bed." I said. Garroth sat down on the bed and then layed down on his back, turning his head to look at me. His hair was wet and messy. Had he taken a shower while I was asleep?

I looked past Garroth at the bathroom, which I couldn't see much of. The door was mostly open but I could still see that the dress I had worn the night before was neatly hanging on the doorknob. Seeing it made me suddenly aware that I was wearing Garroth's shirt and that was about it.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Garroth said, he lifted his head for a moment in order to put his hand underneith it.

"You didn't." I said honestly, making a wave of relief cross Garroth's face.

"Do you want to go somewhere? To get breakfast?" Garroth asked, he seemed slightly hesitant. I thought about it for a second before I rolled onto my back rather than on my side.

"I should probably get back. I'm probably already locked out." I said only partially as a joke.

"Okay," Garroth said, he sat up and I couldn't see his face to make out what his reaction actually was, "I'll walk you."

                              ●●●

"Could they make the post office any farther away." Katelyn was walking like the Hunch Back of Notre Dame, which I don't blame her for considering it feels like its two hundred degrees out and we had to wear our armor out.

"You can see it from here stop complaining." I said not to be mean but because Katelyn had been complaining the whole walk and I think I deserve to tell her to shut up at least once.

Katelyn stood up straight as if all of her sweat and hurt feet had been completely fixed when she stepped into the post office. Katelyn was looking back past another set of large glass doors that led to the room where people would come to collect their mail. I pulled my change out of my pocket and pushed two quarters into the machine infront of me. The front of it popped forward, letting me reach in and pull out two newspapers.

"Should we get some for everyone else." I asked as I turned my head to look at Katelyn.

"Let them get their own, or not I don't really care." Katelyn said still staring past me. I looked into the other room where Katelyn was staring but saw nothing so I turned back to her.

"Okay lets go." I said holding Katelyn's newspaper out to her.

I looked down at my own paper ready to walk out the door, but stopped when I saw the headline. Dates are set for the Royal Wedding.

"What's this about." I asked Katelyn even though I'm sure she probably knows just as much as me.

"Half off doughnuts?" Katelyn asked putting her newspaper, which was on the other side, up to her face.

"No not half off doughnuts, this." I said holding my paper out for Katelyn to see. Katelyn took a step closer to me and we both stared down at it for a long moment. I skimmed the large paragraph seeing words like Garroth, Nicole, Star-crossed lovers.

"Garroth's getting married?" Katelyn gave me a confused look.

"I guess." I said.

"That doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't he tell you that?" Katelyn asked. I shrugged not knowing what to say.

"Your guess is as good as mine." I said, I walked past Katelyn and pushed the large doors open to get outside.

"Why don't we go find him, and ask." Katelyn hurried to get next to me.

"I don't want to talk to him. Not after he talked to me like I was important." I stopped and moved my hand up while I talked. Katelyn stopped and stared at me while I unintentionally yelled at her.

"But that's why it doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't he have mentioned 'hey I'm getting married' before he decided he was gonna kiss you." Katelyn asked furrowing her eyebrows at me.

"It doesn't matter it was to good to be true anyways." I said saying exactly how I was feeling. I waved my hand in a whatever motion with my hand and then began walking again.

                                ●●●

"I...I just slammed the door in Garroth's face." Katelyn had ran into my room and was panting like she had run a marathon even though all she had to do was go up a staircase to get to my room. She must have seen the surprised look on my face because she continued talking. "I know it sounds weird but I opened the door, I saw his stupid face, and then I shut the door."

"What's he here for?" I asked sitting up from the position I had been in on my bed.

"I didn't ask I shut the door. My best guess would be to talk to you." Katelyn said.

"I don't want to talk to him." I said.

"Well your going to come listen to me talk to him." Katelyn tilted her head and looked at me thoughtfully. She didn't wait for my answer before she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door. I stood up willingly wanting to know what Katelyn was going to say.

I sat down in the middle of the stairs pulling myself close to the wall even though I know Garroth wouldn't be able to see me unless he was in the room. When Katelyn opened the door the look on her face told me instantly that Garroth was still standing there. They were both silent for a moment, Katelyn waited for him to speak first with her hand on her hip.

"Is Y/N here." Garroth asked, I felt like I was craining my neck forward to hear him.

"She doesn't want to talk to you." Katelyn said.

"Come on Katelyn," his voice sounded almost childish, "only a minute and I'll never talk to any of you ever again."

"Can't you just order me to go get her, or how about order me to get out of your way and you can go get her yourself." Katelyn had an attitude in her voice that her parents most definitely would have yelled at her for but I didn't feel the need to stop her.

"I'm not gonna do that." Garroth said, again Katelyn didn't say anything. She either didn't know what to say or she was waiting for him to say something, or maybe a little of both. "Can you just, relay a message then." Katelyn looked at Garroth and I imagine she wanted to roll her eyes but decided not to for whatever reason.

"Sure." She said simply. Garroth paused like he didn't have a plan for what he was going to say.

"Tell her," He paused again, "tell her to come to the old house on Locust Street, at 11." Katelyn gave him a weird look look but then nodded and shut the door, likely before Garroth even got the chance to turn around. Katelyn turned towards me with the same confused expression.

"What's on Locust Street?" Katelyn asked.

"That old house burnt down like nine years ago. Everyone on the street moved away because it gave off bad vibes or something. They rebuilt the house but no one lives on that block." I said, that story had been passed around O'khasis so many times it was pretty much common knowledge to people who have lived here for long enough.

"So what is he gonna kill you there?" Katelyn asked.

"What reason does he have to kill me?" I questioned.

"If you're dead you can't tell his wife he kissed you." Katelyn said, she sounded so serious I almost questioned if she was joking or not.

"That's not funny." I said moving putting my elbow ontop of my knee and then leaning my head on my hand.

"Are you gonna go." Katelyn asked.

"I guess."