》8《

Your P.O.V

"I find it hard to believe that after three years you never had access to paper, pencil, or a bird." Katelyn was walking backwards and watching Garroth and I walk.

She, for some reason, felt the need to interigate Garroth on my behalf. Which honestly I understand why she would be mad for me, maybe I should be mad. But I'm not, he was running away from a marriage and letters can always get intercepted.

"I did have access, Katelyn." Garroth sighed.

"So please tell us your reason I'm just dieing to know." Katelyn said throwing her hands out.

"I don't have a reason. I'm sorry." Garroth said. He was avoiding looking at me but I still knew he was talking to me.

"It's okay." I said my throat suddenly feeling dry.

"No, Y/N, it isn't. You've spent the last three years moping around for a reason I don't understand, and to me it seems like for nothing cause he's not worth it." Katelyn motioned her arm towards Garroth.

"I haven't been moping." I said instantly. Sure I haven't dated anyone, or really been interested in anyone but that doesn't mean anything.

"Yeah, you have." Katelyn looked at me with her 'really' face before she turned back around.

"I'm sorry, I would have tried to contact you. I swear, I just couldn't." Garroth said quietly after a moment of being silent.

"You were too busy falling in love with your lord." I said. But I did slightly regret letting it slip from my mouth.

"W-what no. Why, why would you think that." Garroth asked laughing towards the end of his scentence.

"I think that because I just watched the way you act around her. You looked at her and couldn't decide what to do. Your hometown was invaded, your parents are in jail and you looked at her and actually considered staying." I said.

"She's my lord, I'm supposed to protect her." Garroth said clearly not liking that I had just spat the truth at him.

"And your village is tiny. What do you think is gonna happen, war?" I asked.

"Look Y/N I'm sorry that you're crazy jelous and you've made up this story to make yourself feel better. So what if I do love her, no one on this planet could have kept me from coming to O'khasis right now." Garroth said, clearly very displeased. For a second I felt like I wasn't even talking to Garroth. Because this was not something that the Garroth I knew would say. And sure I didn't know him for very long, but I knew him.

"You think I am jelous?" Even though I tried to hide it my tone was definitely telling him that my blood was boiling.

"Sure sounds like it."

"You think that after three years of waiting for a letter or a note or something that I am jelous. Let me remind you that you are the one who came to get me. You kissed me. You are the one that kept coming back. It was you who asked me to stay with you that night. You made me fall in love with you, not the other way around. So if you think you deserve any other emotion out of me other than anger, than you are sadly mistaken."

I had stopped walking in order start yelling at him. Garroth had stopped too, just to stand and listen to me. For a long second we just stood looking at eachother. I gave him a 'what' face and then instantly started walking faster in order to walk side by side with Katelyn.

"We still have time to turn him in." Katelyn said and I'm almost certain she was being serious.

"No." I huffed.