《4》

Your P.O.V

"From now on part of your job is to keep up with all village news." Pryer was walking around throwing a newspaper at each of us. "That includes reading the paper each week, and not just the ones with your names on the front cover."

Looking at the newspaper the front cover was titled NEW ELITE GROUP OF GAURDS THE JURY OF NINE. Underneath the title was a small paragraph that I didn't bother reading.
To the right of the paragraph was all of our official title names begining with Pryer's full name, even though he isn't really a member. The list seemed to go in no specific order meaning it was probably just the order that Pryer sent the names in.

Janus the Silver Death
Ivan the Dark Magics
Ivy the Venom Scyth
Lillian the Dark Mask
Katelyn the Fire Fist
Y/N the Iron Dao
Jeffory the Golden Heart

"Seems like a waste. Why not give this to someone whose actually going to read it." Ivan asked holding up the newspaper and letting it fall limply down over his hand. Normally his remark would have made us all snicker but being woken up at six in the morning to be given a newspaper wasn't on anyones agenda.

"You are going to read it." Pryer said already annoyed as he turned to look at Ivan.

"Okay." Ivan said purely wanting to give Pryer what he wanted even though he probably wouldn't read any of the newspaper.

"The king has prepared a ball room gathering for you to be better introduced to the public, it will happen next Friday evening. All of the buisness owners in O'khasis will be there and you will be dressed acordingly." Pryer looked around at us for a long moment, presumably waiting for one of us to say something. When no one said anything Pryer turned towards the stairs and began walking up them without saying a word.

"I'm going back to bed." Katelyn said slowly standing up and walking around the different couches until she reached the stairs.

                               ●●●

"What are you guys thinking." Ivy asked, she seemed to be more excited than any of the other girls about going dress shopping for the gathering at the castle.

"I've never really been a dress person." Katelyn said. Katelyn was looking around the seamstress's shop and glaring judgingly at each thing she didn't like.

"Then what? A suit." For once Ivy didn't sound snobby, instead she sounded more considerate.

"Well preferably I'd wear sweatpants and a T-Shirt. But I doubt Pryer would like that." Katelyn said.

I looked around at the walls where different dresses and outfits were lined up on mannequins. I stared at different dresses one by one even though I knew I had already seen the one I liked best when we walked in. It was a very light blush pink with golden elements all over it. The bottom of the dress, that nearly went to the mannequin's feat, was covered in gold lace. There were tin straps around the waist of the mannequin that were also a shiny gold color. The straps along with triangular lines down the top of the dress were the same gold color.

Ivy was looking at every item of clothing in the shop and eyeing it with googly eyes. She had even asked the owner of the shop to reserve a dress for her that she felt wasn't for this occasion but she still might buy. Katelyn was the next one to pick out her outfit. She choose a dark navy blue jumper that tied around the waist. It was strapless and was covered in lace at the top and down the arms.

Lillian walked out of the store without waiting for any of us as soon as she saw a dress she liked. Her dress was short with ruffles on the sleeves and on the bottom. The top was tied together like shoelaces and it was completely black. Which I imagine would pair nicely with her long curly black hair.