Chapter 15

He very briefly shook his head after that came up, 'Lucifer does not get jealous.'

Lucifer glanced up to the sky, eyeing the few stars he could see from the light polluted sky, before heading back inside to spend another night with his bodyguard (who was inching their way into his heart, but the Devil will not admit that just yet.)

--------

You took a bite out of a muffin Lucifer picked up on the way to the stay before sipping on some coffee, feeling absolutely exhausted. It was four in the morning when Lucifer got the call from Chloe that you both had the green light to question the guy who shot you. You were barely functional while changing out of your pajama's, you weren't sure if caffeine was going to boost you up enough to ask the shooter any questions. You glance over to Lucifer, who looked too chipper for it to be 4:15am. You scowled briefly and rolled your eyes, taking another swig of coffee and a bite out of your muffin. At least Venom was still asleep. You lean your head back, your eyes slowly closed as you felt sleep starting to wash over you.

"Hey!" Lucifer smacked your arm gently, making you snap awake. "If you are going to sleep in my convertible don't hold coffee and a muffin. It'll stain the leather."

"Yeah,  yeah." You grumbled, shoving more of the muffin into your mouth. You glance to your left and looked up at the sky. The sun was barely peaking, just the very top was visibly, but it was still pretty dark out. "I don't get how you are so full of energy right now."

"The Devil doesn't sleep as you funny humans say. Which is not true by the way, I do need sleep once in a while. Anyways is Venom still asleep? His hot chocolate is getting cold."

"Out like a light. He'll probably perk up when we get to the station."

"Do you guys share dreams at all?"

You had to catch yourself from accidentally spitting out some of your food, remembering the rather spicy dream. "Well... sometimes, yes. Sometimes its just him getting my dreams and visa versa, or our dreams sometime mix together."

"Interesting."

"Sometimes. Some of the dreams Venom experience are from his home planet. Some of them are from the incident with Carlton Drake." Images of Venoms dream popped in your mind. "Right now he is dreaming about your wings. And eating people."

Lucifer chuckled at that.

The rest of the ride to the station was filled with idle chitchat as you finished your breakfast. Right as you arrived at the station Venom awoke from his sleep, demanding his hot chocolate.

"Keep watch, Lucifer. He wants to drink his hot chocolate." Glancing around briefly you allow Venom to pop out his head and a goo-y tentacle like appendage to hold of the cup. "Better gulp it down quick." You take off the cap and watch as Venoms head lean back, his long tongue flapping out, as he dumps all of the warm liquid down his throat. He pretty much got it down fast but spent a few moments shaking the cup to get the last few drops.

"Lucifer!" Dan's voice echoed through parking garage.

"FUCK!" The symbiote shouted quickly,  reaching back into your body and dropping the empty cup on the floor. You knelt down to get it as you heard Dan approach you both, coming to a stop in your field of vision with his hands on his hips. You hoped the car next to you hid  Venom out of site.

"Was there someone else in here? I coulda sworn I heard another voice?"

"Nope! Just us in here, Detective Espinoza." You sent him a smile and stood up straight. "Probably the echo in here distorted my voice, dropped my cup." You glanced to Lucifer who was fixing the cuffs of his jacket and shirt, he gave you a small nod and smiled as well.