Chapter 6

"Well... Let's drop by Lux and have a talk with Lucifer Morningstar later, shall we?"

---

You were currently standing outside Lux. You've been standing outside Lux for 10 minutes, give or take. You were fidgeting with the hem of the shirt you were wearing, debating on going inside or not. You were close to pacing if it was not for Venom keeping your legs in place. So many 'what ifs' crossed your mind as you stared at the building.

"This is a bad idea, V." You muttered, staring up at the building.

"Or a good one. Where is your confidence from last night, nibble?"

"I was tired, feeling ballsy from getting away from his leather-clad friend, and we had good food being delivered." You sigh and run your hand down your face. As much as you felt like turning around and walking back to your apartment, you started walking towards the club. You went to open the door, just to see if it was locked or not, and to your surprise it was unlocked. Weird. You remembered that Lucifer did favors in the past, but you assumed that was during business hours.

You walked through the club, taking in your susurroundings while keeping an eye out for Lucifer Morningstar. It seemed like a nice establishment when it wasn't full of half-naked and drunk customers.

You were close to the bottom of the stairs when the elevator doord opened. There stood Lucifer Morningstar in suit like the last times you saw him, still looking very attractive. Your eyes met his dark ones, a look of surprise came over his face. You bit your bottom lip anxiously as you stared down Lucifer.

"I wasn't expecting you here after my brothers behavior, (Y/N)." Lucifer said with a curious tone. He fixed the cuff to his jacket before meeting you half way. "What do I owe the pleasure?" He takes a seat at his bar and invited you to join him, which you did.

"Well," You gulped nervously, "I was thinking we may want to align ourselves on the same side; like as allies or a sort of partnership."

"A partnership, ay?" He smirked and fixed himself a drink. He offered you some, but you politely declined. "Tell me more dear."

"It is clear that we both know that things are not completely human between the two of us. Rather than any bad tensions between us, we could be like... Friends?" Lucifers face wasn't tha readable. You could tell he was thinking about what you had said, but no other indication for any emotion wasn't clear.

"Well if you want to do this partnership, darling, there will need to be a level of trust." He's never ending smirk seemingly widened as he moved away from his bar stool. "Come stand in front of me, lets have a trust exercise."

You were hesitant, but regardless you stood up. You were standing across from the club owner/civilian consultant, Venom was surprisingly silent and calm during this exchange for a first, but your nerves were on edge. This felt a bit too sudden for him to seemingly trust you like this, or to at least agree to a deal.

I will set the floor for us, dear." Lucifer clapped his hands together and shouted, "I am Lucifer Morningstar, King of Hell and Gods rebellious child. At your service." He bowed dramatically and looked up at you with wink, "Your turn."

"Uh- Our names are (Y/N) (L/N) and Venom. I am completely human but I am a host for Venom... Who is an alien from space. We call him a Symbiote instead of alien though." You give an extremely awkward wave and a chuckle to match. You had stop yourself from calling Venom a parasite instead.

"I wont show myself until he shows proof!" Venom snarled, finally breaking his silence.

"Venom doesn't want to come out unless you show proof you are telling the truth." And you wanted to see proof too. Your past experiences with the Life Foundation and Venoms experience with being a test subject made you both very weary of trusting people outside of Eddie, Anne and Lyndsey.