Chapter 4

"Hey Eddie, I need some help."
----

"What's the matter?" He asked. "You're not in troube are you?"

"About that..." You laugh nervously, and you go to sit in an awkard position on your couch.

"(Y/N)... What did you and Venom do?" You heard him groan on the other end. Eddie was there the day Venom took you as his host.

"It wasn't avoidable I swear. We were at a convenience store and a bunch of robbers with guns came in and there were innocent bystanders." You hear him groan again. "I'm only asking for a small favor, nothing big. Eddie please." It was silent on the line for a few moments.

Then you heard a sigh. "Alright, what's the favor?"

"Oh thank you, Eddie!"

"Yeah, yeah you owe me though. Now spill it."

"So here's the thing," You told him everything. You explained to him about the two men, who aren't human. You couldn't explain exactly what they were other than what Venom told you. They were not human. Eds seemed shocked there were more than just Symbiotes in our universe. You made sure to lay out all the information you knew about Lucifer and his brother for Eddie. "I want to know if you can do a check on the Lucifer guy and his brother; if you could dig deep into their history."

"I can do that for you two. But promise me you won't get yourself killed"

"You know I can't exactly promise that, but I'll try not to."

"Stay safe, (Y/N). And you protect them, Venom."

"Stay safe, Eds." And with that you hung up the phone. You sprawled your limbs wherever and let your eyes closed.

"I wouldn't let anything hurt you Nibble." Venom spoke with some gentleness to his voice.

"Yeah, I wouldn't let anything hurt you either Venom."

----

It was a few hours since you came home from Lux. You spent the time calling ads for a job, unboxing your belongings, and snacking on whatever food you had lying around. Everything in your apartment was coming together, the feeling of happiness and pride swelled in your chest.

You heard your phone ring, and buzz against your coffee table. Recognizing that specific ringtone to belong to Eddie.

You answered the phone and flopped down on your couch, "Sup Eds."

"H-Hey (Y/N). I looked into that Morningstar guy." He sighed into the phone, sounding weird. "It's... weird..."

"What's weird?"

"Well," he paused for a few moments, you could hear typing in the background on. "I can only find records of him dating back to 2011. It's almost like he didn't exist before that. There is nothing on him."

"That can't be possible can it?"

"Unless he somehow got his records deleted from existence through some shady shit, or really didn't exist until then, I don't know."

"Wow, well what did you manage to dig up on him?"

"Well when he appeared, he opened his night club and then joined up with the LAPD as a civilian consultant in 2016. There are people talking about how he exchanges favors, but other than that nothing else that sticks out. Nothing illegal to be seen."

"Wow..." You weren't sure what to say. Lucifer Morningstar did not exist on this Earth until 2011? It couldn't be possible...

"And his brother Amenadiel... If I spelt his name right, there is barely anything. There is a name connected to him though: Dr. Canaan, a therapist. He apparently put it as a "last name" when taking a therapist office. Other than that, nothing."

"Wow..." You were a bit taken back. None of the information truly made any sense. Different theories soomed through your head, some seeming more plausible than others. You can tell both Eddie and Venom were going through the same process. It was silent between the three of you.

"Maybe... Maybe they are something religious? I mean the name Lucifer is biblical and what not. Could the devil be real?"

"That's a possibility, though I was thinking maybe fake names, or cover names?"

"You and Venom may want to investigate him more... Ya'know stake him out and follow him around. See what else you can find."

"Thanks Eddie, it means a lot."

"No problem, (NickName). Talk to you soon." You hung up the phone, and a plan formulated in your head. You glanced at the time, 9:37 pm. You didn't think any employers would call you at this time so you raced to your closet and put on proper clothes for cold temperatures in the dark. Grabbing things you may need, like your cellphone, a pair of high powered binoculars, and a trusty notepad.

"Fun night?" Venom asked, excitement in his deep voice.

"We are following Ed's advice. We are going to do some research on Lucifer." You opened your window that was connected to the fire escape, and climbed to the top of your apartment building.

"It's a nice night, Nibble." Venom spoke. "A nice night for a snack."

"Maybe Venom, if you're good." You joked. "Time to get close to Lux."

In a blink of the eye Venoms black, goopy skin covered your own. Your field of vision grew since Venom was much taller than you. He let out a deep, low chuckle before he ran to the ledge, and took a large leap to the other building, landing with a loud "thump".

He continued like this for a few minutes, as reckless as ever. His strong grip on buildings caused damage, which you asked him to be mindful of, but when does Venom ever fully listen? Despite Venom being on the "outside", you could still feel the surprisingly pleasant, cool wind. If you weren't focused on figuring out Lucifer, maybe a night sky gazing would of been nice...

---
You were sitting on top of a roof that was fairly close to the Lux club; your hoodie over your head elbows resting on the ledge and binoculars in your hands. You waited to spot anything happening in viewable penthouse at the top of the building. So far it was empty, you didn't see any noticeable movement. It was pretty dull, but at least Venom kept you company with his questions and random chitchat.

You were in the midst of answering one of Venoms questions when you barely noticed something happening in the pent house. You brought the binoculars to your (E/C) eyes, adjusting them to get a clearer view. He was with a woman, and it wasn't Detective Decker. She had medium-dark skin, with dark hair, dark eyes, and a leather outfit. Is everyone Lucifer associates with drop dead gorgeous?

They were talking, although it seems the woman wasn't to pleased with the conversation. She had a scowl on her face and her arms crossed as Lucifer talked. Lucifer stopped talking, and started pouring himself a drink, while the woman seemed to be thinking. She spoke and nodded her briefly before leaving the penthouse.

"Could you tell if she is human or not?" You question, your eyes stuck on Lucifer. He was sitting at his own personal bar, sipping on whatever he poured himself.

"She wasn't. I can't smell her from here, but her eyes look dead to me." You quickly scribbled down what Venom said, then shoving the note pad back into your pocket. You returned the binoculars to your eyes. Your eyebrows furrowed when you didn't see the club owner anywhere to be seen. It was only a few moments of looking down, how could he-?

"You aren't supposed to be up here, are you?" A voice spoke behind you, a slight hint of sass and aggravation was evident.

"Shit!" "Shit!"

---

A/N: heyo everyone. Sorry this chapter took a bit school and work. Also wattpads app is so glitchy to write on??
Anyways, i hope yall enjoyed the chapter!