Chapter 2

"(Y/N)! He isn't human!"
----

You tried your best to keep calm but Venoms words terrified. Someone -or should you say- something not human was in your apartment, staring you down. His gaze alone, without the knowledge of him being nonhuman, made you want to squirm.

You gulped, flashing him a small smile. "I escaped through the back door. It was close to where I hid. I-I saw the chance to live another day so I took it." You lie. You silently prayed to whatever God that was willing to listen, that they would believe you.

"Did you see or hear anything when you left?" Chloe asked, her hands folded in front of you.

"No, once I got outside I ran away from the store."

"You didn't think to call the cops?"

Your hands were shaking ever so slightly, "No, detective. My only thought at the moment was to get away from danger." It was silent for a few moments, Chloe looked like she was thinking things through, while you noticed Lucifer in the corner of your eye looking at the photos you left lying about.

"Thank you for your time, (Y/N). If there is anything else that comes to mind about the situation, anything at all, please give me a call." Detective Decker handed you a small card with her contact information before she walked to your apartment door. She looked towards Lucifer who was still looking through your box of photos.

"He doesn't respect our privacy, lets eat him. He may be tasty for someone not human." Venom snarled.

"No" You hissed as you glared at the oblivious Lucifer.

"Stop going through their stuff, lets go." Detective Decker called for her partner. You watched hin set down one of the pictures. He spun on his heel to face you, it seemed like his face never dropped that smirk.

"It was lovely to meet you dear." He sauntered over and stuck out his hand. You looked at his eyes, then down at his hand, and then back to his eyes. "No handshake, alright. I just have one thing to ask you. What really happened at that gas station?" You gulped, a strange feeling was forming. Whatever this feeling is, it felt like it was urging you to spill everything. To tell them both you had an alien using you as its host, about how it was you and Venom that killed those men. Thankfully, with Venom yelling in your head, you were able to lose that feeling. You blinked a couple times, you looked into his eyes and didn't feel that past sensation.

"Like I said, I left out through the back door and ran away as fast as I could, Mr. Morningstar."

"O...kay." He looked bewildered, as he slowly back away to your door to join his partner. You approached them, your hand on the door to shut it as soon

"Again, thank you for your time." Chloe smiled. She and Lucifer left, though before you closed the door, you saw Lucifer glance back at you one last time. After making sure the door was locked, you let out a long sigh. You took a moment to collect yourself before walking away from your door.

"What did you mean, Venom?" You asked through gritted teeth. Venom appeared from your back and moved himself in front of you. You stared into his milky white eyes, waiting for an answer. "What did you mean when you said he wasn't human?"

"He did not smell right." Venom replied, his tone wasn't his usual cocky self. "There was something about him that was strange... something different about his eyes..."

"When he stared at us when he asked that question, it felt weird... Didn't it, Venom?"

"Yes, morsel." It was radio silent between the two of you now. You were trying to wrap your mind around this 'Lucifer Morningstar'. He seemed human, looked human, and pretty much acted like a human yet... There was something off-putting as well, and Venoms input just added onto the confusion. And now that you think about, the name Lucifer-