Chapter 16

'Love...?' You internally questioned but nodded. He helped you sit up slowly before taking out the silk handkerchief in his breast pocket. He wiped away the blood from your nose and ears, quickly, but with some gentleness to it. Lucifer pulled you to your feet, allowing you to lean on him as you were still recovering. Several footsteps were coming up the stairs.

'What the fuck happened?'

------------------

You were sitting in the chair across from where Chloe sat, Lucifer was by your side while Chloe was glaring at both of you. She hadn't spoken much to either of you but it didn't take much thinking power to know she was royally pissed off. You felt like you were tiny under her intense glare. You glanced to Lucifer and he was unusually quiet and reserved. The whole situation felt like you were both children being scolded.

"I am glad that neither of you were harmed, and you were able to get Martin Pacheco to safety." She finally spoke, her voice was tense. "However, I am very... disappointed you both went in alone and didn't think to tell us how you found him."

"His son told me where his father was when I hugged him. We had to go as we aren't technically the law, Gene wouldn't go against his word." You sighed. "We didn't want to go behind your back maliciously, Chloe, but if we hadn't we may have lost Martin."

She exhaled through her nose and her face muscles relaxed a bit. "Just... try not to pull a stunt like that again, alright?"

"Yes, Chloe." You nodded. You looked to Lucifer and saw him give her a curt nod.

"I have some paperwork to get to, you can stay if you want but it is pretty boring." You opened your mouth to reply but Lucifer finally spoke.

"We'll be going back to my penthouse." He abruptly got up from his chair and left the area while you stared at him slightly confused. What made him so withdrawn? He stopped at the hallway that led to the parking garage and waited for you.

"Are you sure nothing happened?" Chloe asked, watching her partner with concern in her eyes.

"Other than Gene getting away; nothing." You lied and stood up. "I am sorry we left without you guys. Like I said, it wasn't a malicious-"

"Don't worry about, (Y/N). I was just a bit worried about you two and it kind of came out harsh." She smiled and you couldn't help but smile back. She definitely had an infectious smile. You waved goodbye and began walking after Lucifer. You got to the entrance of the hallway, stopping in front of Lucifer when Dan's voice caught your attention.

"(Y/N), Lucifer wait!" You looked to him and watched as he approached you, a slight smile on his face. "Great work, but don't ever pull something like that again, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah I get it." You playfully rolled your eyes.

"The Pacheco family would like to see you and Lucifer. They want to say thank you."

"I don't see why not, Lucifer?"

"How could I say no?" He had a smile on his face and you felt some relief that he wasn't too closed off.

"Yeah, just follow me." Dan led you both to a room that was framed by clear glass. You pieced together it was likely a meeting room or a brainstorming room. In sat the Pacheco family, Christopher was sat between parents. Each were holding one of his hands while their arms wrapped around his back. Their heads perked when they saw you three approach and immediately they all got up and rushed to greet you both.

"Oh thank you for helping my boys!" Shannon cried, hugging both you and Lucifer before she broke away, standing close to her son.

"I still can't believe (Y/N) from the Eddie Brock show saved my life." Martin laughed, tears in his dark eyes.