Chapter Two~ Long Goodbyes

Arriving at the hospital they pull Amelia out of the ambulance with Karen by her side. Karen couldn't bring herself to let go of Amelia's hand because she feared it was too late for Amelia. Karen knew that they couldn't do anything for Amelia because she was already gone.

They took Amelia into a room and they pull Karen to the side.

-"We're going to need your parents contact info, Karen"

-"Oh... Yeah um... Here" she writes down her parents number on the sheet of paper they handed her. Karen sat down and stares at the thin sheet that sat between them. Waiting a few minuets she stands up and walks towards the sheet, she reaches her hand out to move it and felt a warm hand on her shoulder. Turning around to see a familiar face. She quickly squeezed he father and mother that was behind her, not wanting to let go of them she held on tighter and tighter with every second she held them the more tears fell from her eyes. When she released she turns around slowly walking towards Amelia's body. He father grabs her hand, his hand was shaking so horribly she started to cry and her mother froze so terrified of seeing her child like this. When Karen walked up to Amelia she hugged her and whispered under her breath.
-" I know you're gone, but.... We'll always know you're really not." Sh stood back up and ran and hugged her father and mother. Amelia also had a brother his name was Jason. He was at his friends house so Karen's called him and let him know of the new. After the phone call they stayed in the hospital with Amelia's body for two days. Not being able to hold the news down they mopped around their house after they got home for the next few days. When Karen was in her room that she shared with Amelia, hardly able to walk into the room she slowly walked towards her bed. She sat down once she reached her bed and stared over at Amelia's side of the room, all her posters action figures untouched, and they'd probably stay that way for a while.

Karen laid down onto her bed, when she was laying there she heard a noise, as if someone was picking up a note book. When Karen looked over at Amelia's bed and saw her note book that she last wrote in was sitting mid air like some one was reading it. Karen wasn't sure what to do, she slowly walked over to the notebook and picked it up. She had then walked back over to her bed and started reading it.
The book started to flip to one page where it have someone's name written all over it, the name look familiar to her too familiar. When she looked at it more she had remembered thats the name of a guy Amelia had recently liked a guy in this group they were in. She read what was written on the other side of the page
" I know I'm not supposed to like him, but I can't help it. I keep telling myself I don't like him anymore but he more I say it the more I do like him. How am I supposed to to tell him this time"
She looked up after reading this and started talking quietly
-" What is this about? Are you trying to tell me something. Ugh what am I even doing?" She laid back down and felt the notebook slide out of her hands.

She sat up and looked around only to find the book back on Amelia's bed oped back that once page. Karen walked over to the book, shut it and went to bed.

Amelia's View:
-" Karen! Why can't you hear me? Please talk to me I can't stand is treatment, I know the car accident was hard on you but we're still alive! Look see I got two legs, arms, and both eyes I'm ok see!" Amelia sat back on her bed wondering why Karen wouldn't answer her, confused she ran to her father. In his room he appeared running through the door, suddenly Amelia stopped and touched her stomach feeling weird because she had just gone through a door. She turned towards her father and started talking
-" Dad I'm right here, dad why are you all so upset?"
Just the his friend on the Internet came into the chat room with him, he was wondering where Amelia and Karen have been. So hard for him to get it out he cleared his throat and started to speak.
-" The girls well Amelia will not be on any longer." The channel went quiet and his friend started to speak.
-" Why? Did she get in trouble with her school again?" He questioned him concerned.
-" No nothing with school, Amelia and uhm... Karen were on there way to visit their grandfathers grave and uh.... Someone t-boned them, Karen got out ok but.... Amelia she uh... She didn't make it" the channel sat in silence until it was broken with a small weakened voice
-" I'm sorry to hear that, I.... I have to go" he left the channel and Amelia's father started crying again.

Amelia started yelling to the top of her lungs trying to get his attention
-" Dad! Please! I want you to see me again please talk to me I'm scared and confused and I don't know why I'm not hungry or thirsty, I want help daddy." She fell to the ground and began to cry.