Chapter Five ~ A New Beginning?

Amelia, Karen and their family finally stepped foot outside of the hospital after a long month there. Amelia felt like it had been forever since she's seen the outside. She let out a small sigh and looked out at the trees where the sunshine let through.

-"I cant believe i'm finally leaving this place." Amelia let a small smile slide across her face as she looked over at Karen. Karen then walks over to to Amelia and puts her arm on her shoulder.

-"Oh come on Amelia, you know you were not going to be staying there much longer from how the doctors were treating you. I mean they took your blood and everything without any warning, you really think mom and dad would let you stay there for another minuet?" She then took her arm off of Amelias sholder and pushed her over a bit smiling.

-"No, I know mom and dad wouldnt have let them continue to do that, but still it's been a while since i've been outside." She then felt the warm breeze flow through her hair, she let another smile leak across her face as the air blew at her. She began to open Karens car door and she steped back. Amelia stared to remember the car crash and started to cry scared to get into the car. She was not moving though, she stood still not moving a bone in her body, terrifyed of the car she closed the door, but she did not get inside she just stood there.

-"Amelia?" Karen looked through the passenger window and small look of sorrow ran across her face. Karen got out of the car and walked around to Amelia and pulled her arm.

-"Why dont you sit in the middle of the back beside Andrew. You might feel a bit safer there." Amelia began to move to the back seat door and pulled it open. She slid into the middle and looked over at Andrew sitting behind Karens seat. Andrew reached over and held Amelias hand.

-" You're going to be alright, I promise you I won't let anything in the world hurt you again." He smiled at Amelia and she tucked her head into his chest and closed her eyes and slowly spoke.

-" I hope so Andrew." She snuggled her head a bit more into his chest and took a deep breathe.

They soon arrived back at Amelia and Karen's house. Amelia walked inside still holding Andrews hand, and walked over to the sofa. Amelia and Andrew sat down onto the sofa and kept quiet, Amelia afraid to speak she just sat there until Karen's cracking voice interrupted the silence.

-"Are you uh... Hungry Amelia?" Amelia turned her head towards Karen and stood to her feet.

-" Yes actually I am hungry." She then began to walk to the kitchen with Karen following behind her. They reached the kitchen and Amelia opened the fridge.

-"Uh.. You know what I'm really just a bit thirsty, I guess it wasn't really hunger I felt." Amelia went to the cupboard and grabbed a cup, pouring her drink into the cup Karen began to speak.

-" I know this is probably soon, but what was it like? You know being dead?" Amelia stopped drinking her drink and set it down.

-" It was like being in a dark room where no one can hear you well that's how it was at first, I couldn't see anyone I just yelled scared and confused, but then I started seeing you on your bed, when no one could hear me I screamed louder and louder but nothing worked. It felt like I was going to live alone for the rest of my... Death." She then turned her head towards the kitchen door, she walked over to the door and left the room and sat back with Andrew. Her brother came into the room and rubbed Amelia's head with his hand. Messing up Amelia's hair he snickered and went I to the kitchen.

-"You know what missed while I was dead?" She looked over at Karen and he smiled. " I really missed video games!" Karen's jaw dropped and glared at Amelia.

-" Well you're a brat still Amelia." Amelia laughed and brought her play station controllers over to Andrew, Karen and herself. They stared playing their games, but before they could get too far into a round of their game Amelia started felling funny.

-" Guys I need a drink, I'm not feeling right." She stood up and when she went to take a step she collapsed to the ground, her collapsing turned into seizing. Andrew and Karen jumped up, Andrew bent down a grabbed her hand and started talking to her while Karen ran and got her parents. They called the ambulance and took her to the hospital, not sure what happened but Karen knew for a fact that it was nothing good.