Chapter four ~ Awakening

As Karen and her family arrived they ran inside the hospital, looking so hopeful as they ran into the receptionist room. She had started to speak as they walked quickly up to the desk.

-" Hello, how can I help you?" She looked up as Karen's father started to speak.

-" I need to see my daughter, Amelia Rea Evans." The receptionist looked up at them surprised that they were the family of the girl who just came back to life. She picked up her office phone and spoke so quietly Karen could hardly hear her.

-" They're here sir, what should I do?" She shook her head for some reason and turned back to face Karen and her family. She looked at them for a minuet and started to speak.

-" She is on the third floor, room fourteen." She smiles but it quickly faded as they started walking towards the elevator. When Karen looked back she noticed the receptionist looked afraid, almost like she was going to scream from the fear she felt.

When they reached the third floor they began to walk faster until they reached the room, they twisted the door knob and enter the room. When they entered they saw many doctors well they didn't look like real doctors to Karen more like they were in training with clip board surrounding Amelia's body. When her father saw them all standing there taking nots of his little girl his eyes frowned upon them he started to grumble his words out of his mouth

-" What, is going on here?" He lifted one of his eye brows up and looked at the main doctor hooking her up to a weird machine. He stepped closer and the other doctors backed away and soon they were out of the room when the other doctor finished he turned around speak with such a creepy sounding voice.

-" Oh hello, we were just examining your daughter. We really are impressed that she was able to come back to life." Amelia's father pushed the doctor away and walked up to his little child Amelia with his wife by his side they both walked around to the left side. Her and kneeled down beside her holding her hand. The doctor then came back towards them talking to them.

-" she'll be unconscious for a few day, weeks, or even months. Honestly we won't be able to tell when she'll wake up, if ever." Amelia's mother stood up and walked to the coated and looked him In the face and spoke with her voice firm and harsh.

-" I will NOT take "I don't know" as an answer for when my child will wake up from under comatose, now you will go down with your little scientist and doctor friends and find out when my child will wake up." She turned around and walked back over to her child. Karen looked down and hugged Amelia when she was hugging her she whispered in her ear.

-" Welcome back lil sis." She felt a single tear drip down her pale cheek once more as she stood up trying to not let anymore escape she was just so happy. When she sat down on the chair next to the door she remembered she was in the phone with Andrew, she called him and he drove down to see Amelia at the hospital, the thing that made Karen think it was sweet was because he lived up in Michigan, but that didn't stop him from coming to see her. Andrew was 18 years old age never mattered to Andrew, but to make Karen feel better about it Amelia was turning 17 in a few weeks. Spending his own money to fly down to Florida, he arrived at the hospital a day later and rushed into the room. Amelia's father, mother, and Jason had left the room to go get something to eat but Karen wanted to stay with Amelia.

She Jason entered the room he looked around the room, to see Amelia in the bed and Karen sitting in the chair next to her holding her hand. Andrew approached slowly and cleared his throat. Karen looked up at him and smiled at him, thinking about how happy Amelia would be having her family there and the guy she loved. How much more could happy to make this day any better for Karen.

-" Andrew! I'm so glad you made it here safely, I can't wait to see how happy will be she she sees you!" She walked over to him and gave him a side hug as walked with him over to Amelia, he kneeled down to her and held her hand. He sighed and started to speak softly to her.