Chapter Three ~ Not So Alone

Her father kept crying as Amelia stood to her feet. Amelia ran out of her fathers room and into her brothers room. Her brother Jason was sitting on his bed listening to his iPod, she ran over to him and ripped the earphones out of his ears.

-" Jason, I need you to go tell dad that I'm ok! Please Jason!" She waved in his face as Jason looked around the room confused.
-" Um... Okay then." He stuck the earphones back in his ear and laid back on his bed.

-" Look Jason, I'm scared out of my mind, I don't know what to do because no one will answer me. Please just say one thing to me, just answer me" her voice started cracking as she spoke trying to push the words out as the tears poured down her face. She looked down at her feet and back up at her brother. She walked slowly over to him and moved his arm over slightly. After she moved his arm Jason sat up instantly, she looked down at her finger tips confused by him responding to her touch but not her voice.

-" Okay now that I got your attention off that blasted music you can listen to what I'm saying Jason, I need you to please just look at me and tell me you can see me." Jason looked around the room and then straight into Amelia's eyes, but it wasn't in her eyes he was looking straight threw her. She backed away and ran out of his room and sat in the corner of her room until morning came.

Finally the sun came to rise and Karen's alarm clock had went off. Karen stood up only to find a piece of paper that Amelia had written on while she was sleeping. Karen grabbed the paper and started reading it.

-" Karen, it's Amelia, I've been sitting here all night but no one seems to notice me, I'm scared and I've never felt so lonely before, please just say you can see me." Karen looked around her room and found herself drawn to the corner Amelia was curled up to, she had been crying into her knees all night long. When Amelia felt the presents of Karen's stare she looked up and Karen was looking her right in the eyes just like Jason was. She walked closer to Karen but Karen said nothing.

-" Oh right, you not looking at me you're looking through me, just like everyone else." She took a seat over on her bed and placed the notebook on her bed beside her, when Karen heard he paper move she whipped her head over and saw a marker floating, moving along the paper writing words. When Amelia was done Karen took a seat on the other side of the notebook reading out loud as Amelia wrote.

-" Please help me Karen, I feel so weird, but please answer me this.... Am I dead?" Karen swallowed trying to keep the tears down from this, she thought to herself knowing this was not a prank, it was happening right in front of her she could have noticed if it was long before now. She swallowed once more and broke the silent room with her quiet cracking voice.

-" I'm afraid you are..... G--Gone Amelia." Karen's eyes started to gather tears in her eyes and as she blinked they fell quickly to the purple blanket on Amelia's bed. Amelia kept writing, she wrote while the tears in her eye swelled up trying to see she wiped her eyes with her sleeve. When she was done Karen read it out loud again.

-" What do I do? I feel so much pain, but yet it doesn't hurt. Please Karen I just want to be with you guys again, I feel like I've let down dad every time I see him cry over me." Karen again swallowed, wiping her tears away before they rolled down her pale cheeks.

-" I--I'm sorry, this is all my fault, if I was looking over there three seconds before m-maybe I could have saved y-you" she started to stutter as she cried harder from the pain in her chest that over whelmed her.

-" Karen no! This is not your fault at all, I know you can't hear me but please don't think that about your self. We had a green light the guy that ran into us did it, but I'm not mad at him, I promise I've forgiven him." Amelia shouted and reached for Karen's hand. Karen quickly looked at her hand feeling Amelia's warm hand again, but it only made things worse she walked over to her bed and slid under her blanket.