Chapter 5

He dropped his hand from my hair and pushed me off his lap, storming out the room with a harsh slam of the door behind him. I sat on the floor, which I knew he didn't like, and stared at the cold wooden flooring in shock. Did my begging actually work? Am I going to be safe here or what? I swallowed all the doubts and thoughts building up and picked myself up from the ground, picking ip on his own habits I too dusted any imaginary dirt from my legs and basically bare bum.

I looked for my pillow, deciding to wait around in his office incase he returned, not to anger him any further considering I had just obeyed what seemed to be a rather powerful Lord of a vampire. I found the small black pillow sitting on top of a shelf and quickly pulled it down, seating it on the floor and then seating my self on it. Legs under my bum and hands in my lap.

Vampires were odd creatures that tended to evolve with status. For example a vampire with the title Lord would be a lot more powerful than a regular vampire, things like heightened senses, more powerful mind reading abilities and blood and saliva that had stronger healing properties. I wonder how many times he's tried peeking a look into my thought, or felt my emotions? I wonder what his blood would taste like too? I sat and pondered on my pillow, I hadn't really thought of these factors whilst I was here, too busy in my own mess of emotions to think if he had seen them too. I hadn't managed to speak to anyone at the auctioneers either, whether owned by a vampire or not but I found myself regretting that I hadn't, wishing I had some sort of former knowledge to prepare myself of what was to come. Does biting hurt? Why does their saliva heal? Why do they get stronger with title? Etcetera.

Levi as he said was a vampire with the title of Lord, so he wasn't a regular vampire. I believe from what I could remember from the small bundles of information given when I was younger that an Arch vampire would be above, then any vampire of royal blood, then the blood himself, the King. God at least he's not of royal blood, I chuckled to myself trying to pull the positives out of the situation still fiddling with the lace of my underwear? Lingerie? Lingerie.

The room only seemed to grow emptier as time continued, slowly growing into the day I had started to feel like my new Master had no intention of coming back to his study. I swallowed once again, my nerves a lot calmer then a couple hours ago when he was going to drink from me. I myself started to grow tired, my legs aching from being in the same position for so long, I had only switched it up a couple times in fear that I'd be caught looking a little too comfy for a slave.

I stood up warily and placed the velvet pillow back onto the shelf where I had found it, trying to not make it too noticeable that I had touched his belongings. Whilst placing the pillow where it belonged I found a couple photos littering the other end of the shelf, dust lightly covering the top of them like they hadn't been moved in a while.

The photos of a young woman with black hair cradling a baby boy with similar hair was in the frame, she looked happy, she looked almost human with how much emotion she showed. From what I assumed this must be his mother, I guess he doesn't live with his parents then..., there were a couple more photos on the shelf. A red haired girl and a light brown haired man with their arms around him, his face showing no emotion than it usually should apart from the faint tugging of his lips turned into a smirk at the two in a matching frame as the one with his mother in.

I didn't try to study the rest, not knowing the time or who hung about the mansion I didn't want to risk getting caught invading his personal space, or crossing boundaries as a vampires pet. I stepped away from the shel and glanced over towards his desk, papers littered the top with a couple of feather pens and ink bottles. A small lamp in the corner and a couple drawers going down the sides. Taking a quick glance at the papers, I spotted my name somewhere within the mix. The temptation to pick it up and know more about my already clouded self grew strong. I wanted to know when I was born, my last name, my age. Reaching for the paper I scolded myself at being so nosy. Is it nosy if it's about me though? I shrugged the curiosity about myself off, not wanting to get too comfortable in my situation. I can ask later if allowed, or maybe I'll be given another chance but for now I think I stretched it a little far with the thirst situation.

I pattered my way from the desk to the door, grabbing ahold of the handle and twisting it lightly, peeking my head from the door I looked around for anyone, listening for anything that would catch me out. My new plan of action was to make it to my assigned room for the 'night', (which was technically day) hoping I'd be awoken by the maid in the morning and we could ignore what had previously happened, though I heavily doubt that it'll go without punishment.

I quietly shut the door behind my with a light click, walking down the corridor as lightly as I can making sure to not alert any higher vampire senses, checking each corner I turned around I tried my best to remember how that maid brought me from my room to his office, looking out for the white flowers that where down the corridor of my room.

"YEA OR YOU WHAT YEAGER?" A loud voice came down from behind me, from the corridor I had just tiptoed down. Had I been followed? Is this it?

"SHUT UP HORSE FACE!" Another loud boom from the same corridor, the voices only getting louder, the same with the multiple footsteps that didn't match two people.

I bared my teeth and my breathing quickened, keeping my back to the wall, and eyes searching for an escape. Searching for that escape failed hugely seeing as I had managed to make my way in a singular long corridor with no branches off, I should've planned for this, they're going to think I'm escaping and I'm going to get killed! I ran as fast as I could in the direction I was headed, also now away from them. My little legs carrying me as fast as they possibly could down the carpeted hallway, I didn't make it very far before a woosh of wind and a cool breeze came from behind, my body colliding with another's.

"Aren't you Levis new pet?" The two toned man from earlier, stood in front of me, my wrist in his hand and confusion swirling his eyes. I tried wriggling out of it in an unthought panic, his grip was strong, it didn't look like it but the more I moved the stronger it got. I looked at his eyes, I knew I should'nt have, it was extremely disrespectful, a blood pig like me to look at a what they called themselves 'all mighty beings'.

I parted my lips to breath a breathe I was holding for too long, nodding shyly and ceasing my pointless struggle. He shrugged and dragged me along side of him back down the corridor, to where he was previously, from the distance we walked I obviously hadn't made it very far from my original spot by my pitiful attempt to run.

The familiar faces from the auction and dinner came into view. My wrist still in the mans rough hand, I turned my head to the floor.

"Caught her, Sir." I peered through my lashes, I now stood in front of that man who had spoken to Master earlier about owning pets being inhumane. He was taller than Master was, strong blue eyes and even stronger eyebrows. I kept the snicker of my thought to myself.

"And you must be?"I gulped, is he asking me my name? The silence was filled with tension, the man holding my wrist shook me harshly.

"(y/n), S-Sir." I stuttered still not meeting his eyes, his fingers lifting my chin so my head raised to his level. His finger traced down my throat and to the matte black collar wrapped tightly around my neck, chain still hanging from earlier. He played with a small silver 'A' charm hanging around the loop. I didn't know what the A had stood for, let alone even realised it was there until I caught a glimpse in the mirror earlier.

"You must be Levis new pet. I assume you're lost and not attempting a runaway hm?" I nodded my head, my hair covering my face still, tears I hadn't even realised had formed, slipped onto the carpet, dampening it slightly.

"Everyone do continue without me, I shall show the lost pet to her room." Everyone nodded and continued with their conversation, a few new faces where apart of the group but I payed no mind to them, it wasn't my business anyway.

He took my chain and held it loosely and walked back from where they were coming from, guess I wandered too far. He wore a nice black suit, and a waistcoat it was very similar to my Masters apart from this mans adorned my silver and jewellery. The walk to the room was quiet, not awkward just rather silent. We quickly arrived to my assigned room and he opened the door for me, allowing me to enter. I turned around to face him.

"It is nice to meet you, Levis pet. I am Arch Vampire Erwin Smith. Levi and I are good friends, you'll be seeing a lot more of me and I you."