Safe?

Izuku's eyelids fluttered a bit, his eyes slowly opened. He focused his blurred vision, and the ceiling of the room came into view.

White.

This was infirmary, for sure.

What.

"You were passed out," the nurse spatted, realizing that the boy was awake by now.

Izuku didn't answer, instead, he tilted his head to the side, searching for the sound. When he found the school nurse beside him, sitting peacefully with her staff as her armrest, he immediately turned away, avoiding her gaze.

She sighed, "Your condition is pretty bad, you know."

"I'm fine," Izuku responded, voice small.

"I thought you know that overworking isn't a good thing," she stated.

"I know. I didn't overwork myself," the boy denied. His hand scratching another, annoyed when it hindered by the cold metal bracelet his father forced him to wear.

"You were."

"No, I really didn't."

"Then tell me, what was that? You were practically forcing yourself until you fainted. In the pool," the older challenged.

"No, I was just... doing what I have to do," he offered, eyes glanced timidly to the school nurse, welcomed by a sigh. She wouldn't accept it, would she?

"Sorry," the younger continued, "at least I wasn't intending to force myself."

"Your friends stated that you weren't fine from the start," she said, checking on her board. Her hand didn't stop making new notes.

"They tried to stop you. Times. You should've known that your body had reached its limit."

"Sorry."

"Hhh... I didn't plan on scolding you... anyway, what happened to you?"

"Uhh what do you mean?" Izuku sat, head tilted, confused.

"Your scars," Shouta said.

"Aizawa sensei???" the greenette quickly turned his head to the sound, shocked.

"I'm here all the time." Shouta started with bored expression. "Chiyo, if you don't mind," he continued, gesturing the woman to give them space.

Chiyo sighed, but left anyway. And when the door was closed, and an awkward silence enveloped them, Izuku finally gulped and forced himself to speak.

"Oh. Sorry... for not noticing you."

"Whatever, kid. Now, explain. What happened to you? I won't accept excuses like you overworked yourself, because that's definitely not the case." The teacher deadpanned.

Izuku didn't answer. He looked down, gaze to his blanket, his face was gloomy. The teacher was no longer believe his excuse. Stupid. It was his fault. What should he do? There wasn't any escape, he should answer. But with what? What should he tell? The truth? Then his father would know, he would make his father even more pissed, so what should he do?

"Midoriya."

"...."

"Izuku." The boy flinched with his name being called. Sensei wouldn't let him leave before he gets answer, he knew it. He had to answer, he had to tell him. But what if it's just making the situation worse? What should he do? No, he knew what to do, but he would be betting. If he tells them, he would hold a ticking bomb. No, that's not the case, he already held a ticking bomb. What if-