Chapter 11: Road trip

Chapter 11- Road trip

I wake up and see that Jake's arm is around my waist. I try and leave the bed but once I do he just grabs me more tightly.

I sigh. "Jesus Christ. What am I going to do about you." I whisper. "You can always just kiss me" Jake mutters. I gasp. Oh my gosh was he awake. "It seems that your beautiful face has disappeared. Where are you Maria?" He continues muttering.

That's when it hits me. No not just because Jake actually kinda hurt me by squeezing me tightly, but that he was dreaming and apparently he's talking about me and just  called me beautiful. I feel the heat rise from my cheeks. Thank god he can't see me.

I decide to play along with him. "Here I am. Can't you see me" I whisper softly for him to hear. "Ah there you are. Don't leave me like that ever again. Okay?" He says still dreaming. I giggle. "I never knew you worried for me. I wonder why." "Ha. Isn't it obvious?" My heart started beating faster. "What is?" I say not trying to break my cover. " Why I-I" he stutters. Awe he stutters in his dreams.

His eyes opened and I decided to pretend to sleep. "I'm surprised I didn't wake you up Maria" He says, his full morning voice slapping me in the face. Why did I ever say I  hate him? I feel a hand on my cheek and I immediately tense up. Jake doesn't stop so I'm sure he didn't feel me tense up.

"If only you knew." He sighs. He kisses my forehead and is about to leave the bed until he stops and decides to stay near me for a while. Awkward for me because I'm just pretending to sleep. His arm returns on my waist and he brings me closer to him and I fall asleep, again.

~          ~          ~          ~          ~          ~         ~

I wake up alone on the bed and it seems that Jake is taking a shower. I sit up and have a wide smile on my face. Pretty sure whatever happened early in the morning wasn't a dream.

I put on my teddy bear slippers and start to walk in my closet for what to wear. Thinking. Thinking. Thi-Ringing?! I start to hear ringing and I panic. Am I going crazy?! I start to run in circles like a dog chasing his tail until I realize I'm doing something stupid and that the ringing is Jake's phone.

Jake was still taking the shower so I decided to just peek and see who was calling him. Kandy? Yes I mean candy but with a K was calling Jake. Of course its a girl and part of me started to feel angry. Jealous? Yeah maybe. Well that part of me took over.

"Hello?" I say with a bit of bitterness in my voice.

"Hello? Is this a girl?" She said without even hearing my bitterness.

"Yes. I'm maria. Who are you?" I ask.

I hear her mutter, "Another girl Jake?! Dumbass."  When she said that I have to admit, I felt a sharp pain in my chest. Had he really brought girls to His house to do what? Dirty work?

"H-huh?" I stuttered.

"Oh you heard that? Well look. Its the truth I'm not gonna lie to you. You sound like a nice girl and you shouldn't be heartbroken by the idiot of my best friend." She said.

"Best fr-friend?" Best friend. Hmm so they must be close. Real close. Grr.

"Yeah. Haha only that. Don't worry. Um is Jake there?" She asked.

"He's taking a shower.." I say. It felt weird coming out of my mouth. Then I started feeling guilty since I just took his phone without even asking. We weren't even a couple, and I still had no right to do this.

"Oh. Well when he comes out. Can yo-". She wasn't exactly cut-off I just dropped the phone once I heard Jake say "Snooping now are we?" With a joking voice.