𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓁𝑜𝑔𝓊𝑒

The huge adoption building loomed over a (h/c) haired girl's form, its giant bright happy colours screaming "KIMETSU ADOPTION DAYCARE", a contrast towards her nervous figure. Taking a deep breath, she entered the building and shook the nerves away, trying to get used to the happy vibe here.

This is (name) (last name)'s first day here.

She can't quit now.

Walking down the hall, a pretty woman with white hair and lavender eyes stood behind the receptionist desk, looked up and greeted the newcomer.

"You must be (last name)-san, right?"

"Y-yes, thank you for accepting my application." (name) bowed, cursing herself for stuttering.

"Of course, your application was well written and we could use a passionate person like you."

"Passionate huh?" her tired (e/c) eyes thought, wishing it was true.

"Please call me Ubuyashiki Amane. Welcome to KNY daycare." She welcomed her gently.

In the background, screams and shouts rang throughout the walls, making the entire adoption center shake for some reason.

(Name) watched small children run out of their rooms, as caretakers rushed to keep them out of danger. Apparently in this adoption center, each person was assigned to a specific group of children to take care of until they find their homes.

(Name) wondered which group of children she was going to meet.

"Ah, the children must be awake from their nap time." Amane chuckled, handing (name) a yellow apron. "My apologies for the loud noise on your first day. It's something to get used to. Please change into this."

Once (name) was done changing, Amane gave her a tour around the adoption center and the everyday schedules for the children. They wake up at 9am, eat lunch at 12pm, have their daily activities, some math and english classes, dinner at 6pm, and the rest of the time is for them to party around until bedtime.

Meanwhile, parents who are looking forward to adopting a precious child will come day to day to visit, hoping to take someone home.

"(Last name)-san"

"You can call me (name), Ubuyashiki-san."

"(Name), I heard you just graduated from university. I hope this job is something you look forward to." Amane informed.

"If anything happens, feel free to report to me or my husband. Even some of the coworkers will be happy to help you. I hope you get along with them."

"Some children aren't very open to new people, but I'm sure you'll get along with them well." she gave (name) a comforting smile.

"What do you mean?" she asked nervously.

"..." Amane's face dropped and she looked at (name) with a sad face, "let's just say some of these children have a not so pleasant background history."

"Background history?"

"That's for another time. I hope you understand, (name)." Amane bowed.

There was no way (name) could get mad at this sweet woman.

Amane's words shocked her a bit, but being the friendly and polite person (name) was, she quickly recovered from the shock and grinned.

"Don't worry Ubuyashiki-san, I'll do my best!" (name) let out a puff of air and beamed at the white haired woman.

"Please call me Amane. We are all family here." Amane gently said, handing her a clipboard that's filled with today's activities.

"I hope you can get along with the children."

"I think you can go introduce yourself, (name). After that, you can help me and the others prepare lunch." Amane instructed, leading (name) towards a door before bidding goodbye.

"Good luck."

After Amane left, (name) flipped through the clipboard to summarize everything quickly. There were 8 children in total that were assigned to (name). Everything seemed normal enough, until (name) realized that she was the only one taking care of these children.

"U-um, excuse me?" (name) tapped a fellow coworker's shoulder, "is there anybody else helping me with these children?"

The girl took a look at the clipboard and she scrunched her eyebrows. She gave (namee) a pitiful smile, and handed the clipboard back.

"I feel for you." was all she said before she left.

(Name) was left alone outside the door where her assigned children were.

"What the fuck?" she thought, feeling a bit creeped out.

Her (e/c) eyes darted around, and she froze when everyone looked at her with sad faces.

"Is everything alright?" (name) asked, "I hope I didn't do anything."

"You didn't do anything, new girl." one snobby girl shot, "I just feel bad that Ubuyashiki-san assigned the new girl to a bunch of brats."

"B-brats?" (name) repeated, feeling a bit angry with how the girl called her soon-to-be assigned children.

The girl snickered and left, the others following her. (Name) sighed and looked down at the clipboard to check everything over.

Her mind was always sharp so memorizing everything wasn't too hard. Putting a hand on the door, (name) felt a rush of excitement run through her body along with nervousness.

"Everything will be just fine. They're just kids." she said to herself.

"These children have a not so pleasant background history."

"I feel for you."

"I feel bad that Ubuyashiki-san assigned the new girl to a bunch of brats."

"They're just children." (name) softly smiled, "cute, happy, playful children."

Besides, what could possibly go wrong?

(Name) turned the handle to open the door, and she was faced with a bright light. She squinted her eyes to see what was going on, but her vision couldn't clear. Her ears perked up some gasps and scowls, along with a gentle voice telling the children to calm down.

So far so good.

"You have no friends Tomioka! Nobody likes you and you're ugly!"

Oh shit.