Chapter 0. Introduction

To my dear (potential) readers;

Welcome to my first story for the Boruto franchise, I really hope you will enjoy your reading. I will inform you a bit about this story before I start because there are some differences from the serie in general.

* Sacrifices is a canon-divergent story that I started working on in 2015 with a friend, about a year and a half before canon material about the Boruto franchise came to light. I write the story, she draws the artwork. In this regard, any matter other than those stated below is pure coincidence in terms of its likelihood with canon.

- A big part of the canon storyline before Boruto's Chuunin exams, including the known birthdays for the canon kids, are taken as canon for Sacrifices. The only exception for this is Mitsuki's background story and the Mitsuki arc right after the exams - we have our own version of how Mitsuki and Log were created. Any similarities are purely coincidental.

- In this regard, it's worth to note that the canon kids' personalities are written from the scratch too. We took some aspects from the canon as the story progressed too, but there are as many differences as there are similarities.

- The teams other than Team Konohamaru and Team Moegi are different. This is because we three friends have our own OCs in the story - which was a must too when we didn't know all of the canon characters. The other teams are;

Team Tenten - Metal Lee, Asahi Kosetsu (OC), Fuuto (OC)

Team Hanabi - Iwabe Yuino, Sumire Kakei, Hideyuki Kosetsu (OC)

Team Kiba - Kaede Inuzuka, Raiden Matsuoka, Beika (all OCs)

There is also a team that's made of chuunins, led by OC Ren Matsuoka and consisting of Wasabi Izuno, Namida Suzumeno (these two are aged up for this purpose) and OC Ichiro Sarutobi.

Metal Lee is also aged up to 14-15 for plot reasons.

- Also a mention that in Sacrifices, since Mitsuki arc doesn't happen, Shikadai and Sarada had already become chuunins.

- The following story, Happuden, has no connections to the Kawaki and Kara arc / storyline of the ongoing Boruto: Naruto Next Generations franchise, hence why they won't appear in our story. We have an original storyline going on since 2016.

* Here is a personal note: your reviews are air and water to us. It might come as a surprise, but I (mirage) actually went through each and every one of your reviews in all the platforms we uploaded the story in the process of rewriting, to improve my storytelling. In this regard, this story is not just a product of me and my friends - it's partly your success too! So please don't hesitate to tell us what you think about this story - we are looking forward to it, especially constructive criticism!

Hope you will enjoy!
Merve