Chapter 7. Outsider

Hiding behind a tree, Mitsuki was reaching out with his senses to check out the ninjas as he quickly controlled his weapons. Not that he needed to, not really... Any of his classmates' would pale in comparison to how huge an arsenal he had, but it was always better to do a second check.

All was good. His weapons were still enough to take down a troop.

And the blue haired boy was calm, collected... he had mastered his ninjutsu well enough to hold his own against even jounins. He had proven so before. Whatever his father had pounded into his system, it was working in perfect order.

He felt them coming to a halt before the footsteps stopped. "Now would be a good time to start." a blond man said, seemingly the leader.

"Alright, all of you know what to do," he began. "Hideyoshi will go up front, giving us our targets and warning us, should anyone of a particularly high level of chakra cross our path. I and Takeru are the main offensive, we follow suit. Hiraku... stay as far away from the battleground as possible, remember our formation, wait for my signal. Scatter, we don't follow the linear formation, just watch out for the signals we talked about. Any questions?"

"Just one thing..." the mahogany-haired man replied in a gruff voice, his eyes gazing upwards at the tree branches. "We are not alone."

Mitsuki felt his body tense hearing it, damn, they had a sensor with them... this would give some disadvantage in his surprise plan. He reached inside his kimono and pulled out a kunai, he was more than ready to throw it, but he glanced down and saw which kunai it was.

It was one of those Konohamaru had gifted his team after their first C-ranked mission. It looked like an ordinary kunai on the outside, a simple weapon that just had a ribbon with the student's respective color, blue in his case, attached to it. But this wasn't just an ordinary one, no... their sensei had said this kunai had been designed to have one jutsu inserted inside it; somehow like the kote Boruto used in the exams.

Mitsuki gripped it hard, he would wait for the perfect moment to use it. "I will make you proud, sensei..."

Everyone in the squad had tensed suddenly. "Where?" the leader asked, unconsciously leaning a little forward in an attack stance. "How strong?"

The sensor furrowed his brows, concern apparent on his features as his fingers trailed over the surface of a weapon attached to a strap on his back. "Pretty damn strong... and I'm only talking about one person. I'd say... kage level, even."

The tension was now so apparent that it was almost tangible. "Damn it..." the leader hissed between gritted teeth, they didn't expect to encounter someone this powerful right out of the top... A scout? It could've made sense with how strong this person supposedly was, but wouldn't he run away to inform the village by now...?

"What do we do?" the platinum blond haired man that was standing close to him asked.

Their leader, Goro, was silent for a moment... but then a wicked grin formed on his face... well... shouldn't this be fun? They could test out their abilities on someone who was possibly kage-level, close to the man they wanted to kill... "Shall we go greet them?"

"Playing cat and mouse again?"

"Well, no one knows me better than you do, Hiraku," the man said, smirking.

A minute passed in silence as only the sounds of nature were heard around them.

"Huh." the brunette in the group finally said. "It would seem that someone needs an incentive. Tell me, Goro, what was that ninjutsu of yours capable of doing in direct contact?"

Catching up to what he was trying to do, the blond was quick to come up with his own. "That was this technique improvised. In direct contact with the neck area... well, let's just say that the head pops out quicker than a can ring. It's much like the previous Raikage's lariat. That's what I'm gonna use on the hokage."