Chapter 5. Mitsuki's Decision

(The song in the media is only to be played when you see the name of it in the chapter people ^^ It's not a general song, please listen accordingly.)

...

He was making a lot of noise in the early morning, but he didn't care.

Ever since Sarada called him the other night and told him that Mitsuki, his best friend... was being mistreated, he couldn't sit still. It took him a great deal of self-control to wait until the morning, when they decided to meet. So, by any right, if he was waking up some people and they were complaining about it, he wasn't about to give them a rat's ass.

"Boruto..." Sarada was practically running to keep up with her friend. It wasn't exactly rare to see Boruto getting worked up about something, but he was really pissed off now. "Just try to calm down for a bit..."

"How can I calm down?!" was his answer as he didn't even break his pace. "How come he didn't tell me he was being harassed?!" Sarada had no words to offer to that... She hadn't seen anything other than the graffiti on the door but she had spoken to Shikadai... "Well, let's see what he has to s-"

The Uzumaki's words were cut in half as they reached his friend's door. Eyes huge in disbelief, he took them all in, one by one, getting more and more terrified and outraged the more he looked at them. These were not just simple harassments - they were threats, and pretty horrible ones at that...

"What the hell...?" he mumbled, raising a hand to touch one of the drawings.

Then he turned to Sarada, the look of shock still in place. "W-wait, did you also know about these...?"

"W-well, I..."

And then they heard a click, and they were suddenly face to face with Mitsuki. The blue haired boy took a look at his expression, and sighed. "Boruto..."

"When were you going to tell me?!" the blond practically spat out of gritted teeth.

"Tell you what?"

"Don't play dumb with me!" Boruto yelled, banging his fist on the door, and Mitsuki flinched a little. "I'm talking about these graffiti Mitsuki!"

"Oh..." the boy mused, giving the said graffiti a fleeting look.

"Oh? Oh?! That's all you have to say?!"

"Boruto please..." Sarada glanced awkwardly around. "You really should keep your voice down..."

"I would have if Mitsuki told me about this earlier!"

The blue haired boy sighed again. "Boruto, I didn't want to worry you about this. I wouldn't have told Sarada either but she saw it... I didn't want to worry either of you."

"How can I not worry when my best friend is being harassed?!" Boruto yelled, throwing his hands up in the air. "Why are they even doing it, huh?! But you know what?!"

The blond took his cell phone out.

"Boruto, that's not nec-"

"Shut the hell up."

At that time, a neighboring door opened and a groggy-looking man popped his head out. "Hey, brats, keep it down, will you?"

"And you just shut up, too, okay?!"

Sarada turned an apologetic look to the man, who just silently slid back into his apartment. Boruto took a few photos of the door.

"There. My dad is going to hear about this."

"Boruto..." the Uchiha began.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me about this! What if you got seriously hurt?! I thought we were friends!!"