Chapter 6

"Jinora, you're an incredible Airbender," Aang said around the fire that night.

"Thank you," she said quietly.

"Are you usually this quiet?" Chief Beifong asked.

"No, but then again, I usually have more than just my uncle's rabbit with me." Jinora was thinking about how the rest of her family must have ended up. She wondered if anyone had survived.

"That's your uncle's rabbit?" Aang said with an inquisitive tone. She nodded, continuing to stare at the fire. After a while, she was tired of answering "I can't tell you" and went to bed.

"Aang, you should go to the spirit world and see what her problem is," Zuko said.

"Yeah, I might."

"I don't know, Aang. She seemed pretty upset when she came back." Katara was looking at the stairs with uncertainty as she spoke.

"But we don't know anything about her. She's a total mystery. What if you just go for like a minute or two?"

Aang looked at Katara to see if she approved of this plan. Finally, she sighed and nodded. He sat criss-cross, putting his fists together the same way Jinora did. He took a deep breath and concentrated.

Aang looked around at the colorful fields and wondered what she could possibly be afraid of here. After a few minutes of walking around, Aang came across a white fox-dove. Its three heads were fighting, and Aang figured that's what she had been afraid of. He watched as the center head bit down on the one to Aang's right. He felt himself being snatched from the spirit world, and into the future.

There were three people lying on the ground. Two were men, and the other was a woman and it was obvious that two of them had crawled to where they were. It didn't make sense, the bald guy had airbender tattoos, but the girl was dressed like she was from the water tribe. The bald man had his arms around the other's and they had their heads on his shoulders. The man with hair put his hand on the woman's shoulder, looking at the other man.

"Dad would be proud of us, wouldn't he?" he asked weakly. The bald guy smiled sadly saying, "He definitely would."

"You got that right Baby Brother." the girl said.

Aang was thrown back to the spirit world, and then back into his present.

"What happened?" Katara asked. He had pushed himself back, knocking a vase off of a side table. His eyes would have gotten wider when it shattered next to him, but the shock of what he had just seen had already made them as wide as they would go. He heard running footsteps on the stairs right before Jinora appeared in the doorway.

"You saw them, didn't you Grandpa Aang?" she said. The Avatar's eyes welled up with tears, Jinora falling to her knees in front of him and hugged him as he started crying. The Airbender's hugged for a long moment and when they broke apart, she noticed that Momo and Bum-Ju were hugging. Everyone was staring at them in shock.

"Grandpa?" Zuko said. Aang nodded, then he looked from his granddaughter, back to the others.

"I have a lot of explaining to do, don't I?" Jinora asked.

~~~~~
Sorry for taking so long and such a short update, the next will be longer and sooner!