Moment

Izuku had turned fifteen, and still had no sign of One for All activating. He'd kept up his tough training, and had two exams coming up. The second was UA's entrance exam. The first was an exam set up by the predecessors.

  Izuku needed to 'out quirk' his predecessors with their own quirks. He had the distinct advantage of having One for All boosted quirks, and the original users themselves teaching him all the tricks.

  Float was stupendously fast, and ridiculously precise. Keigo, now a full pro hero, could barely keep up with Izuku.

  Blackwhip could lift several tons of weight without Izuku's own physical strength helping. He had such minute control over them he could play Operation with the tentacles.

  Deadeye let Izuku control a projectile for miles, and even make one or two drastic direction changes, if they were moving fast enough.

  Brace was stupidly overpowered. Izuku could hit cement at terminal velocity and not feel a thing. The cement however, didn't survive the trip. Duller blades couldn't pierce his skin, but something like a carving knife could. Don't ask.

  Smokescreen let Izuku control the smoke's direction of movement by the smallest amount. He could also see through the black fog better than most people.

  Danger Sense was finely tuned, and could even name certain threats, like fire or debris. It normally just buzzed 'danger' though.

  One for All hadn't made an appearance, but it was still accumulating energy within Izuku.

  Izuku himself had trained for almost ten years to be able to handle One for All. He was still short and baby faced, but was completely jacked underneath his baggy clothes. Daigoro liked to tease Izuku about his round freckled baby face on top of his Greek god's torso.

  The exam was in 8 stages. First, he had quirkless hand to hand combat with Yoichi. Then Deadeye based combat with Second. An endurance competition punch-out with Third, a Danger Sense stealth excersise with Hikage, a Blackwhip based spar with Daigoro, a smokescreen stealth excersise with En, aerial combat with Nana, and then the final test.

  An all out, no holds barred fight with Toshinori, the former number one hero. All of Izuku's quirks, tricks and techniques against the most powerful hero to ever exist.

  Yeah, he was fucked.

  Hand to hand with Yoichi went well. The first user had taught Izuku every martial art he knew from the pre quirk era, and Izuku had built on that and practiced any modern martial arts he could find online.

  Deadeye combat was just as easy. He used small pebbles and stones to knock Second's projectiles out of the air or off course, then striking his opponent soon afterwards.

  Brace based combat was simple enough. Izuku and Third just hit eachother until one of their Braces gave out. Izuku long outlasted the third user.

  The stealth exercises were done together, using Smokescreen to hide from En and Danger Sense to keep away from Hikage.

  Blackwhip combat was long and interesting. Izuku and Daigoro used their blackwhips to swat each others blackwhips away, and try to attack quickly afterwards. Izuku won by sending one large entwined blackwhip at Daigoro, who wasn't able to swat it away with his smaller, weaker ones.

  Aerial combat was fun. Izuku and Nana spiralled through the clouds in dogfight formations, lashing out every so often with kicks and punches. Izuku's superior hand to hand won him the fight, as they were evenly matched with Float.

  The final test was surprisingly easy. Toshinori couldn't do much against a flying, danger sensitive, smoke spewing tentacle boy with immaculate aim and indestructible skin.

  _____________

  Izuku stood at UA's gates nervously. He looked down at his buzzing phone quickly.

  Good luck bro! I know you'll ace the exam!

  Izuku put his phone away and walked up to UA.

  And tripped over a rock.

  "AHAHAHAHA!!! Kid, what are you doing???" Daigoro guffawed.

  Izuku stopped his descent with float, pulling himself upright. He glared at the fifth user for a moment, before he was interrupted by a voice.

  "Oh, you caught yourself! I was going to catch you, it would be bad luck if you fell!"

  Izuku turned to the voice. A pretty brunette with rosy cheeks and toe bean fingers was smiling at him.

  "I-uh-yes." He stuttered.

  "Well, I'll see you inside!" The girl said, walking away.

  Daigoro started laughing again, and earned a cuff round the head from Nana.

____________

  The exam was simple. They had to beat up an army of robots in a fake city. Some robots were worth one point, others two, and some three. One robot was a kind of obstacle, called the zero pointer. It wasn't worth any points, and was just there to be annoying.

  Annoying wasn't the word Izuku would use to describe the zero pointer.

  On a scale of one to ten, it was a perfect holy fuck that's terrifying.

  Izuku had been doing pretty well in the exam, using Float and Brace to slam into and destroy robots with ease. About eight minutes in there'd been a rumble.

  A humongous robot rolled down the main street, obliterating everything in its way and then some. There were teenagers running and screaming all over the place, and Izuku almost turned to follow them.

  Almost.

  A cry of pain made Izuku turn back around, and the next few moments passed in a blur.

  Izuku ran to the brunette from earlier, dodging chunks of concrete and twisted metal.

  The energy that normally hummed just beneath his skin surged.

  Izuku jumped, green lightning rolling from his skin.