Letter

Izuku woke up to eight worried faces that lit up when they saw he was awake.

  "Izuku! You're awake!"

  "Kid, that was incredible!"

  "Young Izuku, that was a very heroic thing you did."

  "How are you feeling squirt? You have us quite a fright."

  Izuku just groaned, sitting up. His right arm and both legs ached horribly.

  "What.. happened?.." he asked.

  "You broke your body using your quirk sonny." A voice said.

  Izuku looked to the right.

  "The youthful heroine, Recovery Girl!" He breathed.

  The old lady chuckled, coming over to his bedside, not knowing of the eight worrying ghosts lingering there.

  "Now, I've healed you for the most part, but you're going to ache for a day or two. Other than that, you're just fine." She explained.

  Izuku thanked the heroine, leaving UA's infirmary and walking painfully down the steps outside.

  "So.. what happened?" He muttered quietly.

  "You used One for All Izuku. It was too powerful, and it broke your limbs.. it was only for an instant, but you became even stronger than Toshinori when you defended that girl." Yoichi said.

  Izuku grinned.

  "I really drew the energy out? It's right back in place though, I can't even touch it.. maybe I could only use it because I was in danger? Maybe because it knew it was needed in that instant?" He began to mutter.

  Nana just laughed, ruffling his hair.

  "Well, I'm sure that with enough training you won't be breaking your bones next time! Now, let's get you home so you can have a proper rest." She said, mothering mode activating.

  Izuku just nodded in agreement. Sleep sounded really good right now.

______________

  It was another three weeks until Izuku's letter arrived. Daigoro, who had become impatient, had spent the last week standing guard at the letterbox, waiting for the telltale UA emblem to show up in the post.

  The others found out the letter had arrived once the Blackwhip user began screeching.

  "It's here!! Kid, THE LETTERS HERE!!"

  The vestige in question came barreling through the bedroom door, making the paper flutter on Izuku's desk.

  Izuku opened the door and picked up the letter that hadn't phased through the door alongside the excited Daigoro. He sat down at his desk, staring at the letter in his hands.

  "You did amazingly squirt. Open it, I'm sure you passed." Nana said.

  All Might nodded alongside his mentor.

  "Indeed Izuku, I'd say your score was most definitely enough to pass the exam. Maybe even enough to get first place!" Toshinori said.

  "Thanks Mama, Toshi." Izuku said.

  "Just open it kid!!" Daigoro yelled after another moment.

  Izuku tore the letter open, and a metal disk clattered onto the table. A holographic screen lit up above the disk, with a small rat/bear/mouse thing standing there.

  "Hello there! Am I a rat? A dog? A mouse? A bear? Who knows! Most importantly, I'm the principal!" He said.

  Izuku stared in surprise.

  "He's principal Nezu?" He asked.

  "Heheheh, yup. He was the principal when I was at UA. I can't believe he's still running the school.." Nana said.

  "Now, onto your results! You almost achieved a perfect score on the written exam, which I especially am most impressed by. Your practical exam was a spectacle in and of itself however. You used Float to excellent effect, even utilising the velocity dampening aspect to protect yourself from the impacts.. quite impressive strategy. You earned a total of 88 villain points, which would be enough to pass on its own, however that was not all there was to it! Your grand finale really put the cherry on top, awarding you an excellent rescue point score of 60! You scored first place overall, very well done Midoriya!" The hologram said.

  The predecessors cheered, ruffling Izuku's hair, patting him on the back and jumping up and down in excitement.

  "Now, onto your rather eye catching display.." the hologram continued.

  The vestiges stopped celebrating, glancing at the screen warily. Toshinori didn't seem too worried.

  "You can both fly and brace your body.. but you also used what seems to be another quirk entirely, a strength enhancer of sorts. Having two quirks, or even more is highly unlikely..." Nezu narrowed his eyes. "So I'm sure that it was just a trick of the light. You probably just used Float to pummel your way through the giant robot.."

  The chimera seemed to cheer up significantly.

  "Anyway, welcome to your hero academia, Mr Midoriya."

  Now Toshinori looked worried.

_______________

  "So, any of the students catch your eye this year Shota?" Midnight asked.

  Aizawa grumbled, but turned to Nezu at the head of the table.

  "The green haired kid. The one that demolished the zero pointer. It looked like he had multiple quirks. What is his quirk?" He asked.

  Nezu frowned, skimming through a few papers Infront of him.

  "I was going to bring this up later. His quirk is registered as Float. He can fly and his quirk also protects him from high speed impacts. However, what he used to defeat the zero pointer was definitely not float. It was a strength enhancer that his body wasn't prepared for, so it broke him." The animal said.

  Aizawa's eyes narrowed.

  "Do you mean..."

  Nezu nodded, while the other teacher's expressions grew dark.

  "I'm sure everyone here knows about him. The man that killed the previous symbol of peace. The only way Midoriya could have multiple quirks would be if he worked for that monster. I'm putting him in your class Aizawa, you have the best chance of stopping him with your own quirk if he has others we don't know about." The rat said.

  Aizawa nodded.

  "I'll keep my eye on him. The moment he steps out of line I'm bringing him in."

_____________

  Izuku was drifting in the clouds above Musutafu park when Keigo came flapping in.

  "Yo! Izuku! Did you pass? Come on, you had to have passed right? How many points did you get? Which class are you in?" The blonde asked excitedly.

  Izuku just held up the physical copy of the holographic acceptance letter. It had ACCEPTED written in bold across the top.

  Keigo let out what could only be described as a 'dying squeal' and tackled his brother in a full limb hug, arms, legs and wings. That of course meant that they plummeted.

  "You did it!!" He shrieked over the howling wind in their ears.

  "I'm in class 1A!" Izuku replied.

  Keigo made some unintelligible noises, squawking as they neared the ground.

  Izuku pulled on Float, slowing their terminal descent. Keigo let go of Izuku and flapped his wings. They were only a hundred meters up.

  "Race you to the top of the second cloud bank!" Izuku exclaimed, floating up into the air.

  "Last one there's a sloppy flyer!" Keigo said, shooting off into the sky.