Chapter 9 : An Inconsolable Bondita

After getting her own luggage packed up, Bondita went to Anirudh's room, and knocked on the door. 

Bondita : May I come in?

Anirudh : Yes, Bondita, come in. I am not able to find my watch. Could you please find it for me? I mean, I know, you are new here, and probably don't know where it is either, but please do help me out. We are getting late. 

Anirudh had found out that Bondita loved Rohogollas, 8 handis of it, to be precise. Being the zamindar that he was, he got everything at his beck and call, and had hence ordered for 8 handis of roshogollas. He had hidden the  handis near the kitchen, and was hoping for Bondita to find them. He knew that she was, after all, a young girl, and had realised how even the smallest of things such as this, would probably make her happy. 

Bondita : (frowning) Well, I guess you are also forgetful, along with being short tempered. Please do tell me what your watch looks like, or I won't be able to find it. Unless you want me to find that out too. (Giving a slight smirk) 

Anirudh : Don't you think that  taunt was a bit much? Jaane do. Help me out now, or do you need me to beg you for that as well? It's a golden watch, with a simple dial. I think I left it on the vase table outside the Baithak.

Bondita : Kyu? Yeh kaisi jagah hai? I mean, how could anyone forget their watch there?

Anirudh : Haan, thoda buddhu hoon na... could you please go get it for me? I'll go get changed. 

Bondita : Hmmm... theek hai. I'll go get it for you. Get ready quick, (softly) Buddhu Babu. (chuckling)

Anirudh : Kya kaha Bondita? 

Bondita : No-nothing... I was just asking you to get ready. Thamma is waiting, and she isn't one to wait for long. I'll just leave with her otherwise. She doesn't know you much anyways. It wouldn't matter.

Anirudh : If you say so. 

Bondita went downstairs, and started walking towards the Baithak, when she spotted something. There was a handi placed on the floor. This got her curious, so she walked towards it. On going there she saw two more handis lined up behind the first, leading to the kitchen. When she walked inside, she realised there were more... on counting them, she learned that there were eight whole handis of Roshogollas... ecstatic on learning this fact, she started jumping up and down. But when she suddenly turned, she found Anirudh standing outside the kitchen, and chuckling. 

Anirudh : Ab toh maan gayi ho Bondita? Please forgive me. I know I made a mistake to shout at you first, although I was the one to agree to the ritual at first. It was also my mistake to shout at you the second time, although I had gone to apologise to you. Come on, now. I said sorry, I even brought you 8 handis of roshogollas... You love them, don't you? Ab maan bhi jao na... Please?

Bondita : Hmm... Theek hai. Par aap firse mujhe daatenge toh nahi na, Pati Babu? 

Anirudh : Haan, nahi datunga.

Bondita : Shotti?

She said this while pinching her throat. Anirudh found this amusing, and decided to say it the same way she did.

Anirudh : (chuckling) Shotti. Ab poore 8 handiya tum akele hi kha jaogi kya?

Bondita : Haan. Nothing's impossible for Bondita. I have done so multiple times at Thamma's place... Oh, wait, Thamma! How could I forget? She's still waiting for us Pati Babu, let's get going!

Anirudh : But the roshogollas? Are we going to leave them here?

Bondita : Why so? You are a zamindar, right? You have a motorgadi. We are going to take the handis with us. I'm going to get hungry on the ride to Thamma's place. I'll finish everything up. Each and every one of the roshogollas.