Chapter 13

"That's a weird song." I didn't respond to Hans' comments on the song I'm humming. It's a song from the modern world so it's considered weird for them.

"It will be popular after a few years. Trends change quickly afte-- ahhhhh!"

I fell from my bed when Daryl suddenly fell in front of me, looks like he's from the ceiling.

"Lady Ces!"

Daryl lifted his index finger to his mouth and Hans hurriedly opened the gate.

"My lady, I apologize for being late. I didn't know that there were more prisons underground."

I smiled awkwardly as he kneeled and bowed in front of me. What am I supposed to say in this kind of situation?

Isn't he supposed to more apologetic for knowing more secrets about the Hamilton family?

"Can you please turn a blind eye on this?" He turned and looked at Hans. Hans sighed and turned his back as if he didn't saw anything.

"I am not yet confident that I can bring you back to your home. But I brought something that could help you in the future."

My face crumpled when I saw him taking a dagger from the insides of his jacket.

"Uh. Yeah. Thanks."

I didn't know how to respond. I mean, is this supposed to be for killing myself to protect my pride than having others kill me without a fight? Or, is this for self defense? Or should I use this to kill Evan? Perhaps, use him as a hostage?

I held it and it was not as heavy as I expected. Looks like he considered the weight that a usual noble lady can hold.

"I'm sorry, I don't have anything to pay you for this. You can take this instead." I removed my earrings and handed it to him. I'm supposed to use this for bribing other people but I can't just take this dagger without giving him something in return.

It also looks expensive and Daryl is just a poor commoner who had a lot of mouths to feed. I'd feel bad.

"No. It's fi--"

"I insist." He sighed when he saw my determined look and took the earrings.

"What?" He kept on staring at me and bowed once again.

He leaned on me and whispered. "Do you want to go out for a while?"

My eyes widened and I quickly nodded.

"It's only for a little while, like only for a few minutes. It needs to be fast." I was about to nod and smile again but he quickly ran to Hans' direction and knocked him out.

My jaw dropped and he quickly lifted me up in princess carry as he ran.

I covered my face out of embarrassment. I was conscious on my weight since I've been eating and dilly dallying around without even doing any exercise or walks.

I looked at him out of amazement when I realized that he knew the blind spots and the guards stationed all over the place didn't even notice us.

Now, isn't this really dangerous for the Hamiltons? I've been getting the feeling that anyone can just come in here, spy and learn more about their secrets since Daryl can do it easily. Is this just a buff for the main lead?

"My lady, can you please not stare? I'm getting embarrassed." His ears flushed in red and I laughed.

***

I've been saying this for days now but I keep on procrastinating lol. Instead of studying, I've been reading a lot of manhwas and writing my next stories. I still haven't studied for my exam that I need to take tomorrow morning :DD