Chapter 16.

The pain being too much, I ran out of the kitchen ignoring the calls of Shaylene who just came out of shock. I bumped into Michael and before I could make contact with the floor.

"Hey! Are you okay?" he asked full of concern.

"No, I'm not okay!" I yelled at him leaving him surprised at my outburst.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"Let me go!" I demanded angrily trying to get out of his hold.

"No. Cassidy tell me what happened" he demanded. I flinched at the hidden anger in his voice. "Cassie... Calm down and look at me" he sighed. I looked into his pleading eyes. My bottom lip trembled as I took in the sincerity in them. Right now I just wish he would hold me and never let go.

I need him. I need him so badly. I just wish things were different!

"Cassidy wait!" Shaylene stopped a few feet away. "Oh" she mumbled when she saw Michael.

Michael looked up at her confused at the panic in her voice. Seeing that he is now distracted, I pulled out of his grip and ran to my room. I locked my door and slid down the door, sitting in darkness.

I heard Michael asking Shaylene what happened and why I am acting this way, but she gave him no answer. She only told him that when I am ready I will tell him, but he must promise not to throw me away after hearing it. I thanked the heavens that she was not one of those type of people to tell someone else's story.

I felt the soft vibration on my back as someone knocked on the door. It can't be Shaylene, because just a minute or two I told her to go away. So It must be Michael.

"Cassidy, please open the door" I heard him say. So I was right, it is Michael.

"No"

"Cassidy please!" he begged knocking again.

"Can't you understand that I want to be alone right now?" I snapped.

I heard him sigh in frustration. "I don't think it would good for you to be alone now" he said. I knew what he implying, that I was going to cut again.

"What you think doesn't matter!" I put my hands in my hair and tugged at it painfully. "Please... Please just leave me alone, Michael"

"You know, I love it when you say my name like that"

"Ag! Just go away-"

"It just sounds so... So sexy. I love the way it rolls off your tongue" He said. I could hear the grin in his voice, making me want to hit him.

"You know what I'd love?" I asked lowering my voice a bit.

"What?"

"For you to shut the hell up and leave me the hell alone!"

"Not happening, sweetheart" He said chuckling softly. I missed the sound of his laugh.

Honestly, I am grateful for him talking to me from the other side of the door. Just talking to him is keeping me sane.

"Cassie" his voice lost its playfulness and returned to serious. "please open the door"

"Why?"

"I just need to see if you okay" I sighed, getting up from the floor and opened the door slightly. "I didn't mean like that." he grumbled.

"Well you saw that I am okay. Nothing is wrong with me" I said trying to act clever.

"Well if you call a tear stained face, puffy eyes and red nose, then I don't know"