Chapter seven

I heard my phone ring. I checked the caller ID, and saw Shaylene's name flashing on the screen.

"Hello?" I answered

"Cassy! Thank goodness you picked up! I've been trying to call to you since a three hours ago" she said, making me frown. Maybe she dialed the wrong number, because I never received any calls.

"Are you sure that you dialed the right number? No notifications came through on receiving missed calls from you, or any number for that matter" I said.

"Maybe, the network iis giving problems. Yeah, it has to be the network then, Because I even tried calling Michael but no answer. Anyways, I'm still very busy, and have a lot of work to do. I know I said I'll try to be home early, but it doesn't seem like it will be happening" she said, sounding a bit worried about something. I wonder what it is.

"Oh okay, thanks for letting me know" I said.

"You'll be okay, right?" She asked, concern laced in her voice.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Don't worry about me" I said, convincingly. I know before everything happened, I was against the fact of being left alone with Michael, but now I feel slightly more comfortable around him.

"You sure?" she asked.

"Yeah, now quit worrying" I said, smiling.

"Good. Oh! and the reason why I called, was to ask if you would mind cooking for the night" she said. I could hear the hope in her voice, so it wouldn't be a problem, since she does so much for me. "Oh! One last thing, tell Michael I need to speak to him later, so he shouldn't go anywhere. Please, and thanks. See you later" she added. Before I could reply, she hung up.

Now, what to cook for the night? Maybe she would appreciate something like grilled chicken, and some salads. I walked into the kitchen, where Michael stood, making him something to drink. He turned around, and smiled at me. Since the park incident, we haven't really spoken. Small talk, yes, but not about what happened, and for that I am really grateful for. Just as he was about to leave, I said, "Shay called to say that she will be late, and that you shouldn't go anywhere, because she wants to speak to you about something".

"I wasn't planing on going anywhere for the night" he said, then asked, "Do you have an idea what this talk would be about?"

"No" I said, shaking my head. I went to the freezer, took out the chicken, and then put it in the microwave to defrost.

"You cooking for tonight?" he asked. I shaked my head yes, and went on with the chopping of the tomatoes ."Do you need help?" he asked.

"No, I'm fine" I said. I looked at him, and that was the mistake I made, because I cut myself. "Ouch" I hissed in pain. Michael rushed to my side, examining the cut on my finger. He lead me to the sink, and put my finger under the cold water. It stinged a bit, but the pain went away. He got the honey out of the cupboard and got a plaster. I looked at him, strangely. Why the honey, I asked myself.

"Honey is a natural healer" He said, answering my thoughts. I didn't know that. I guess you never to old to learn, not that I'm that old. I watched as he massaged the honey on to the wound. His movement was gentle, and precise. I felt him staring at me, so I looked up. He gave me a soft smile, that made me feel like everything will be okay. After massaging my finger, he strapped the plaster on. "Are you sure that you don't need any help? I'm not that much of a disaster in the kitchen. If you tell me what to do, I think it would go well" he said, offering his help. I sighed, then allowed him to help me. In no time, the salads were done. It was just the chicken that has to be taken out in a few minutes time. I excused myself from the kitchen, and made my way to my room.