4. Phase 2 - Part 1

[A/N: Sorry for not updating sooner. Mummy and Daddy caught me telling white-lies and were keeping a sharp eye on my academic progress ever since. I'm basically disobeying them by writing this... teehee.]

.

.

Sudo Ken's POV:

.

.

It was still early in the morning on the second day of school.

"Huff huff huff huff... " Right now, I'm desperately gasping for air. Who wouldn't? Especially after facing someone like him.

I finally undestand what they mean when they say 'Looks can be deceiving'. I guessed that he was not that strong because of his light-built body, but I was dead wrong. I should have expected this after seeing him ditch those punches like a total pro.

"Had enough?" He looked down at me and asked. He had a bored face too.

Is that even normal? We were practically going at it for 30 minutes straight, and his nonchalant attitude didn't change at all! This pisses me off.

"Phaa.... pha ...not... yet!" I screamed back at him with my arms still spread across the concrete. It was hard to get angry when I'm this exhausted.

He just stood there. He looks like he could probably go on for another 50 rounds or so. Damn. He was sweaty but didn't act tired at all. Honestly, I'm not sure if he was just pretending to be cool or was actually not that burned-out.

"Hurry up man. We have another hour before it's 8:30. Do you want me to continue widenning the gap?"

He just had to push it.

"Shut it!" I called out and stopped huffing. "It's not over until I say it is. 5 more minutes, then I'll show you!"

"5 minutes huh? Well that's fine," he replied disinterestedly. Seriously, how can he be this relaxed!? Does he think he's already won? That punk!

[ A/N: I can't help but realize that people can get the wrong idea by reading the part above. Am I wrong? ]

.

.

( * 5 Minutes Later * )

.

.

"76 to 11 baskets, I think I've made my point Sudo-kun," Ayanokoji said to me while I was still hanging on the rim of the basketball hoop.

( * Thud! * )

I dropped to the ground, releasing all my strength and turned to face him. I said to have 5 more minutes, and it only made things worse.

This guy. He is something else. Maybe he's one of those overpowered main characters in anime. Atleast that's what I heard from that Sotomura guy.

"Huhh. Okay, I admit it Ayano. This one's on me." I sighed. Got to hand it to him. The dude's pretty slick.

"What? No honorifics?" He smirked. Man, why does this guy only tend to show emotions when it is to annoy me?

"I don't do that kinda shit! This is how I role." I got angry at him.

He only "kuku'd," and turned to go pick up the basketball.

When he returned with the ball under his arm, a question came into mind. "Yo Ayano, how much is it for a basketball?"

"Well, I don't know for the other shops, but I bought mine at the popular sports outlet at Keyaki mall. It's where sportsmen like Hirata-kun go to shop for their spikes or training equipment. Anyways, I spent around 1'400 points on it. So based on that, I'm assuming the price range is between 1'000 points and 2'000 points for the normal ones. If you want those high quality balls used by the professionals, then you shouldn't discount the possibility of paying up to 5'000 points," he answered.