Chapter 9 - Better

A few days later, I was in Sydney's room with Natalie. I was talking to Sydney when suddenly, the doctor walked in. We stopped talking and looked at him.

"Sydney, I have news for you," He smiled.

"What is it?" Her eyes lit up.

"Well, your tumor has stayed the same size, but a little bit more of the cancer in your lungs has gone away," he smiled while telling her.

"That's great! Thank you, Doctor," she thanked him as he left.

I smirked at her. She looked at me and said, "What?"

"I told you miracles could happen to anyone."

"Oh, shut up."

"No. I told you that you could get better, but you told me that you weren't going to, and you told me to forget about it."

"Okay, I'm sorry. Is that what you wanted?"

"No.. I just want you to get better."

"Well, you got your wish.. I am."

At that moment, Mum and Dad walked in. Sydney looked at them for a minute, then smiled. She greeted them with, "Hey Karen! Hey Daryl!"

"Hey Sydney!" My mum walked towards her to hug her, "I heard you're getting better!"

"Yeah, I am! The cancer is going away, little by little.."

"Sydney, I'm sorry, but I'm just wondering.. Why didn't you tell Michael you were pregnant earlier?" Dad asked.

"Well, I- I was scared. I mean, I was sixteen, and I was pregnant. I had no idea what to do. And I didn't want Michael to leave tour just to be with me and the baby.. I wanted him to stay with the band, and I still do."

"Princess, I would've stayed on tour if you wanted me to.. I would've just called you a lot to see how you were doing!"

"I'm sorry, Mikey.. I should've told you sooner."

"It's okay, princess. I'm just glad I'm with you now," I smiled, and she smiled back. This is where I belong.

~

I'm sorry these have been really short lately:(
P.S. I'm sorry for the terrible ending

-Lizzie xx