Barnaby x reader

Quickley you put on the uniform that was laying nicely folded in your bag. Black pants, a white blouse and a fitting black vest was the uniform you had to wear in the cafe you worked in. You pulled your hair into a simple ponytail and checked your clothes once more before leaving the dressing room.

The cafe was full. It was a friday evening and it seemed like whole Sternbild was visiting the place today. Why so many people were in here you soon found out.

It had been about an hour after your shift had started, when you heard you female collegues giggeling together in a corner. You looked at them, frowned, but afterward went back to work since you saw your boss approching them. Seconds later you could hear him scold them, but you werent paying that mich attention to them, since you were currently at another table doing your job.

"(y/N)" You turned to your boss after he called out to you.

"Yes, what is it?"

"Can you please take care of table 12? The others here" he pointed at your female collegues who werd giggeling beforwhand. "are not able to get anywhere close to that table without compleetly fangirling."

"Uhm surr I'll take care of it." You walked over too the table said and saw the reason why the girls had been acting like they had.

The hero duo Barnaby and Wild Tiger were sitting there, waiting for someone to take their order. At the table next to them you saw a camera team filming everything apparently. slightly nervous, you stopped infront of the table, pulled out your pen and paper.

"Welcome to Legend cafe, have you chosen what you want to order?" You gave the two a smile and pulled out your notebook to write their wishes down. They stated their orders and you quickley left the table afterwards. There was still a lot to do and even if they were heros and practicaly VIP, you had to keep up with all the orders that were comming in. You didn't notice what the two heroes watched you leave them. You were so focused on work you didn't even notice them watching you, as you sprinted from table to table, taking orders and bringing the customers what they wanted.

About 20 minutes later you were able to bring the VIP guests their orders. The camera team was apairently descussing a matter as you approached the table.
"So I've got your orders. Two todays-special, one with a beer and the other with sparkling water." Carefully you set the plates and drinks on the table and gave them another smile. "Enjoy your meal!"
You were just about to walk away again as someone grabbed your wrist. One of the camera team had held you back.
"Miss, why don't you stay and talk to Barnaby and Wild Tiger for a while." she turned to the rest of the team. "It would be great publicity for them if they talk to a citicen." Annoyed you troed to free yourself.
"Madame please let me go, I really need to get back to work."
"Oh come on. Every girl in your age would love to be on TV! This is your chance. And you'll be talking to Sternbilds number one Hero Barnaby~" You glared at the women and yanked your arm free.
"I don't really care who he is! The only thing I need right now is to get back to work!" With that you stomped away. You didn't see the surprised faces of the Heros and the camera team, as they asked themselfs what just had happened.

"(y/N)! I can't believe you were so rude with Barnaby!" Your female co-workers gathered around you as you entered the kitchen, still a bit hot headed after the little incident.
"Honestly I don't care if they are heroes or the princes of China at the moment. I just want to get my work done for today." You snapped at your co-workers and pushed them aside. "Now if you excuse me, I have tables to serve."

The rest of the evening went on without any incedents. You keept up your pace to keep all the customers happy. You had no time to take a glance at the VIP table you had served before to see that Barnaby was eying you from time to time.

At 11:00 pm the restaurant closed and you helped to make sire all guests left the building. After cleaning up, you thankfully went to the lookeroom to get changed. It was a hard and nervracking evening and you just wanted to get home to sleep.
Taking your backpack you slipped out into the cool, fresh air. Who you saw standing there made you stop in your tracks. It was one of the Heros you had served a few hours ago: Barnaby Brooks jr.

Not really wanting to face him at the moment you tried to quietly go around and avoid him, but your task was not sucsessful. He somehow heard you and turned your way. Letting out a quiet "crap" you wanted to dash off, but the hero called out to you.
"Please just wait a second Miss."
Being normally a quite polite person you stopped and turned to face the man. Since you thaught he would scold you for being rude to him, bowed your head.
"I'm sorry for being so rude beforhand sir. It won't happen again."
Looking up you saw that the hero didn't even look to mad at you. He was acctually surprised that you had appolagised. He shook his head.
"I'm not here for that. I acctually wanted tonsee if everything was okay with you. You seemed quite stressed this evening." With your mouth open  you stared at Barnaby for a few seconds. This was not what you had expected. Barnaby scratched his cheek.
"Acctually I also wanted to ask you if you would like to exchange e-mails. You seem to really be devoted to your job and seem to know a lot about people. You don't really care what social status a person has, that much I could see this evening. Wild Tiger also noticed that and urged me to try and get in contact with you. Maybe you could help me understand people more. According to him I'm terrible at it. So what do you think of that?" He held out his phone infront of your face, waiting for your reaction.
You stared at Barnaby for a while trying to process what he acctually wanted from you. He wanted your contact details. Letting out a small laugh you shook your head.

"Fine, why not." You took his phone into your hand and tipped in your e-mail for him. After you gave him his phone back you saw him flash you a small smile.
"Thanks, uhm.....I never acctually picked up your name."
"My name's (y/N). Well I should be off now. Still have a long way to get home." With that you turned around and started to walk away. You heard Barnaby give you a goodbye as well from behind you. While walking you looked up to the clear sky full of stars.

"Will I be able to teach him anything?" Inside you felt, that this could turn out to be a real adventure.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This turned out a bit different than I acctually wanted. But the story has been lying around for some months now and I just now somehow finished it.

back when I first started to watch TnB I thaught Barnaby didn't really know how people acctually are. sure he was/is popular with the media but I thaught up until after the episoden with Jake that no one really liked him. 

So that's why I came up with this piece. Hope you all like it ^_^