Ryan x reader: Friends or foes?

WARNING:

Based on the movie „Tiger and Bunny: The rising“

CONTAINS SPOILERS!!

“Congratulation on getting back into the first league!” , you cheered as Barnaby and Wild Tiger entered the room. You and all the other heroes were currently behind the stage where the return of the famous hero duo would be announced. Since you worked for hero TV (as an assistant for Agnes) you were often able to work together with the heroes and got to know them better.

“Why thank you (y/N).” Barnaby smiled as thanks. He and the other heroes just looked great this evening. You felt a bit plain next to them in your usual work outfit, a simple white blouse with a dark blue skirt and fitting blazer. But you couldn’t complain. From everyone gathered in the room currently, you were maybe the one who was the most excited of the return of Barnaby and Tiger, since you were a huge fan of them.

You guys were happily chatting together as you suddenly heard your boss Agnes shouts out for you.

“(y/N) come on, we need to make sure we get everything on camera. It’s almost time for the announcement!” you let out a sigh.

“Well I’m off than guys. See you on stage!” with that you rushed to catch up with Agnes.

Shortly afterwards you were talking to the cameraman about the technical issues. From the corner of your eyes you saw Blue rose waving in your direction, showing where all the other heroes had a seat for the show. You waved back but quickly turned back to your work. There were only a few short minutes left before the start. Swiftly you made the last adjustments and told your colleague to start rolling.

“Good evening ladies and Gentleman.”  With that the presentation began. You weren't paying to much attention to the moderator while he was introducing the new owner of HeroTV, Mark Schneider, since you already had the pleasure to meat him a few days ago at work.

But you did look up as they anounced Barnaby and his partner.

Barnaby came up to the stage and you watched the moderator continue with the presentation.

"A d now let me introduce you to a hero that has solved many cases."

A white ballon alpeared on stage.  You took the guess that Kotetsu would be in there, and were surprised the company would give him such a dramatical entrance.

"I present to you: GOLDEN RYAN!"

The ballon exploded and filled the air with thousends of coulorfull confetties.

“Wait, What?!” You and many others almost yelled out the same question as the rain of confetti ended, leaving you the sight of a man in the most ridiculous costume you had ever seen. The main color was gold, added with some aquamarine blue in it. The back of his outfit had something like wings attached to it and you were sure they would be pretty unpractical when trying to catch a villain. The suit was just begging for attention and despite your wish not to look at it, your gaze always went back to the suited man. You were so captivated by the silliness in the whole outfit, you didn’t even recognize that the man was now kneeling down, hands pressed onto the floor. Suddenly you were hit by an impact that pained you down to the on the ground when it went through your bones. The next second you were lying on the floor, being pressed down by an invisible force. Through the small shouts and screams you could hear the moderator talking.

“A-as you can see, his Next powers make him able to create a force field that manipulates gravity.”

After that Ryan stopped using his powers and went back to grinning through the hall. Cursing you got up and helped Agnes. 

After that the presentation was over and the planned aperitif was about to start. You took a quick glance over to the heroes and saw they were just as shocked as you. At the moment they were talking to Ben, an old friend of Tigers, most likely he was explaining the whole situation. As quick as you could you packed all the equipment away and after asking Agnes if you could be excused, you rushed off backstage, in the hopes to catch up with Barnaby and Tiger.

Soon after you found who you were looking for, but they were accomplice by Ryan and Mr. Lloyds, their boss. You could hear that Barnaby and Tiger were in an argument, so you decided not to interrupt them.

“Kotetsu, why didn’t you tell me about this whole thing?”

“I thought you wanted to be in the first league, Bunny. Anyway, the second league is better for me, with my powers down to 1 minute and all.” Tiger smiled at Barnaby but you knew he was uncomfortable with the whole situation. Not wanting your friends to fight you cleared your throat.

“Uhm guys?” All for of themy turned their head to you. Lucky you could see Barnaby calming down a bit.

“Oh hey (y/N)!” Tiger raised his hand to welcome you. “Did you like the show? I thought everything looked great.” Smiling, Tiger tried to change the subject of the conversation.

“Who’s this?” frowning you turn your head to Ryan, who had interrupted Tiger pretty unfriendly.

“My name is (y/N) and I work for HeroTV.”

“She is a friend of ours. Right Kotetsu?” Barnaby felt a light tension in the air and made sure to state that you were a friend. Kotetsu nodded.

“Hmpf. Not that it matter though. Well pretty girl, would you like an exclusive interview me, the new hero of Sternbild, Golden Ryan?”

“No I don’t.” you frowned and glared at Ryan. “I just want to talk to Barnaby and Tiger.” Tiger put a calming hand on your shoulder.

“Don’t get all worked up (y/n). Come on, let’s just go somewhere else to talk. You coming Bunny?” Barnaby nodded and started to walk ahead of the both of you.

“Whatever” you heard Ryan talk behind you. You turned your head a bit to take a last glance of him and saw him walking in the opposite direction, hands folded behind his head. You had to admit, he was quite good-looking, but his personality was, as far as you could judge, pretty bad.

“The rookie and the old man can do whatever they want; I don’t need to get involved with them. I’m better off on my own.” That was just a bit too much for you. He was insulting both of your friends and you were 100% sure that both of them were better than him when it would come to the hero business. You ran up to Ryan, grabbed his shoulder and made him face you before punching him right in the face. You were never as strong as Barnaby or Tiger, but you were sure that the hit would hurt. Ryan stumbled a few steps backwards holding his nose. Behind you, you heard your two friends shout out your name in shock.

“What the hell was that for?!” Ryan glared at you. There was no blood anywhere to be seen but you were sure he was at least a bit in pain, since you noticed tears forming in the corner of his eyes. Before you could answer him you felt two pairs of strong arms taking hold of your arms and shoulders. You knew it was Barnaby and Tiger holding you back, so that you wouldn’t hit Ryan again.

“Never say anything bad about Barnaby and Tiger. They have done more for the city than you ever will! And now let go of me you two. I’m not going to hit him anymore.” Facing your two friends you freed yourself.

“You have guts girl.” You turned around to Ryan after he spoke. He was standing up strait again and grinning down to you. “You throw quite a punch I must say, and you’re not afraid to say what you think.” By now you noticed he was checking you out from top to bottom. “I like that in a woman.” He grinned at you once more and you totally lost it. But it wasn’t like before. This time, your cheeks were in a bright red as you turned around and ran off, without saying a word.

You couldn’t see Ryan watching you run away with a smile on his face. It’s hard to believe, but that was the start of a great friendship.

------------

sorry for any Ryan fans... I really just wanted to punch him :'D