Chapter 2 15 years into our future

I walked around pacing for what seemed like hours before I stopped. I had officially grew up I was no longer dependent I had become independent. As young as I was no one could stop me from living my dream. I had turned 28 years old, my whole family was proud of me.

Less than 13 years ago I had finished my training to become a S.C.D.F, those people were a huge deal in my village. Basically they are called Slayer Cooperation Defense Force they are all women who serve the palace with their devotion.

I and 3 other girls managed to become slayers, mother was proud of us for to become one you had to do an impossible request. Some don't come back alive and others do, it was very rare for 4 to return from the same request.

Ours was to destroy a gigantic monster that has been terrorizing a land village from the sky. I however could not fly mainly because during my first war at five years old costed me my ability to fly. I had my wings ripped clean off my back taking the back wing bone with it.

It hurt to remember that I can't fly and I was told by many healers that my ability to fly had been erased. It would be highly unlikely that I would ever fly again. So I learned to deal with being flightless but it don't bother me as much as it used to.

"Princess Cadenza, how are you this evening?" A voice said from behind my back "You seem to be in a daze."

I faced that person and smirked slightly and just slowly smiled. For the person was my own teammate named Tina Metel. She was special to me since we were friends since childhood. She was four and I was five after all she thought of me as a wife to her since she is gay.

"Why yes I am fine." I said in a soft reply "I was just thinking about some things of the past how is Icy and Milica?"

Tina stood still and just thought for a bit it was hard for us to keep sane through all our hardships as well as sorrows. We've seen the rise and fall of our demonic empire and it has not been easy to stay on top. Many demons have degraded us and belittled our skills but we have managed to survive just like many other ancient tribes have.

"They both are very fine better yet they are in the tower relaxing." She said in a soft voice as her smile began to form. "I am worried though the dark forces have gotten a bunch stronger than we have. However we are not as weak as they think we are so we must be brave souls and face our dark enemies full on."

She was right our army has the strength and skill to keep us moving but we are not lacking spirit. We are braver and cunning than most of our soldiers. I was fortunate to survive a worldwide war between dark and light at a very young age.

A war I could've lost my life in but it was something I was used to. I've fought in many wars before and lived to speak of them. While some gave me very intense flashbacks of blood and guts being spilled from my enemies bodies like tank sludge coming out of a dirty pipe. It was gross to see but hella funny to watch happen.

"I'm glad we have had a peaceful time so far in our lives which is great in my opinion." I said in a small chuckle "At least our lives haven't changed much my dear first in command."

I began to walk towards the main gate since I have grown accustom to adventure out of the Golden Valley's gate. It was a pretty sight to behold but some of it was bland and weak to see but it was my home.

I kept hearing footsteps behind me but I knew who it was for the demon's aura gave this one away. I just chuckled a bit to myself and just stayed right where I was for the person was as harmless as a fly.

"I see your enjoying yourself Ms. Cadenza" A masculine voice said from behind me "I was wonder why you would want to look over the gate when you can see everything from the view on your palace baloney."

"I like to see things with my own eye after all my world is surrounded in nothing but stars and the moon. It has been nothing but night here since we came to demon world after my banishment from human world." I said in a firm tone "This is my life to be surrounded by nothing but the darkness and be in its embrace until death takes me towards the after life amongst the land of celestial deceased werecats."

The man chuckled and snickered at my words. However he was no fool for this man wasn't one of our kind he was a pure blooded wind demon. He had joined our ranks when he stumbled into my village about 10 years ago seeking death by my hands.

I however could not fulfill such a wish for his heart wasn't desiring death he was wanting to find his long lost baby brother who was stolen from him when his village was attacked. I offered to help him in return he vowed to serve me as a honest honorary werecat. It was a price to become one and he was willing to pay with open arms and he successfully joined our ranks in less then 6 months into training under me.

His name was Zenic, he was a special demon to my kingdom since he delivered messages from neighboring werecat tribes like the land and winter sides.  It was fine to see him leave ever so often to talk to many other demons like him.

After all he was nothing but a honorary werecat not a full blooded member like the generation born after me once I became a year old. I was the eldest along with my little brother. He is 2 minutes younger than me and well we were both born in human world in a war area.

Zenic was special since we needed him to tell us news with other demons keeping track of the constant moving dark demons. We needed messengers to deliver messages to us or we would be in serious trouble.

"Cadenza you will forever be a mystery to me and to your fellow kinfolk." He said with a small chuckle "However that is why we adore you Cadenza, you bring joy and music to this kingdom of yours."

I loved how much my family and the nation of werecats were treating me. They worshipped me like a demi goddess, which wasn't what I wanted in life in my own personal opinion. However things don't always go the way we want them to be. We felines as a whole protect our offspring with our lives for they are younger and less experienced than we older more knowledged ones.

My life was in for a new beginning as I looked over my world and smirked. I was prepared for this new change and what was to come of it. Nothing would be easy but I was willing to do anything to reclaim what is rightfully ours a whole nation.