01 | meeting the avengers

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴

━━━ MEILANI MCCALL HAS BEEN THROUGH THINGS SHE HAD NEVER ONCE THOUGHT SHE'D EVER GO THROUGH. Never did she think that she'd be turned into a werewolf by Peter Hale the night before she was supposed to start her sophomore year of high school. Nor did she think that just a few months later her childhood best friend, Sawyer Bowen, would be turned next which only added onto the growing pack. Nor did she think that she'd become close with Apollo Hale of all people who was so much like his older brother Derek Hale that it was almost dizzying. Nor did she think that she'd pretty much die ( thank you Theo freakin' Raeken ) and come back as if nothing had happened.

However, the icing on the never ending cake of surprises that lead to Meilani's life was the fact that her old boss at the animal clinic, Alan Deaton, had called her up because Tony freakin' Stark had asked for her. He had heard all about her supernatural adventures during all the press releases when Meilani had finally come clean to the whole town of Beacon Hills that she existed along with other supernatural creatures — like her best friend Adrian Martin who was a necromancer or Victor Blight who had the ability to either bring people pain or take it from them. The fact that Tony Stark had even thought of Meilani was absolutely mind boggling.

Tony had wanted her and the pack to help him and the Avengers so badly that he'd even sent over a private jet to take them to the Avengers Tower in Manhattan to talk about the mission they needed to go on. A mission that apparently could benefit from the hand of supernatural creatures, minus a few members of the pack like Stiles Stilinski or Meilani's brother Scott. Though, they were still a valuable member of the pack of Tony had all but asked for them to join as well.

Meilani had always dreamed of going to New York City, walking around the massive city that never slept. To see all the towering skyscrapers and get those "dirty water hot dogs" she always heard about in the TV shows and movies. To actually skate around Rockefeller Center during the winter and see the massive tree that was always set up just nearby that all the singers fought to sing at. To just be called "a fucking asshole" at least once by an irrationally angry New Yorker because they were always cursing and yelling about something, rushing to get wherever it is they needed to be.

Hell, Meilani had even always dreamed of meeting the Avengers. The true heroes of the world that always had their names and faces plastered all over the news, saving people and making sure the world was safe. They did everything that Meilani always wanted to do and what she had always tried to do while she was in high school protecting the town of Beacon Hills from homicidal alpha packs or Kanimas or Dread Doctors or Benefactors or quite literally any other supernatural thing one could think of that didn't involve vampires. Though, Meilani was still waiting for a vampire to randomly pop up out of nowhere and try to attack her like they were in some bootleg version of Twilight.