05 | an old enemy

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝘈𝘕 𝘖𝘓𝘋 𝘌𝘕𝘌𝘔𝘠

━━━ WHILE TONY AND THE OTHER AVENGERS RAN OFF TO THE AFRICAN COAST WHERE THEY SUSPECTED THE MAN TONY HAD BEEN SPEAKING ABOUT TO BE, MEILANI AND THE PACK STAYED BACK AT THE TOWER. They needed to figure out if there was anything else they could use against Ultron. Anything that those who couldn't heal, but could still help out on the field thanks to their own abilities — which was really just Victor with his ability to cause pain but not heal himself — could use in addition to said abilities. Give them more of a chance at getting back at Ultron and taking him down once and for all.

At least that was the hope.

Now, like any sane person, Meilani had the idea to just call up an old ally named Chris Argent to give them some ideas. He'd, originally, been hunting down Meilani's ass and was about ready to put her head on a pretty little stick surrounded by wolfsbane along with Apollo and his older brother, Derek Hale. However, that all slowly changed over time thanks to Meilani's late best friend and Chris' daughter, Allison. She'd helped him to see his family's old hunting ways was wrong and started to use the new motto of "we save those who can't save themselves". A motto that even Meilani stood by to this day, a small smile gracing her face anytime she reminded herself of said motto.

Though the thought of Allison sent a pang of guilt through Meilani as she still felt at fault for her death ( do not tell Adrian Martin of that, please and thank you ), Allison always wound up being the first person she thought of whenever she needed help with anything dealing with hunting and weapons. Her family had various types of weapons thanks to being hunters and Meilani knew they had various different arrows — ranging from exploding ones, to ones that emitted a bright white light, to normal boring arrows — and Meilani figured that maybe the Argents could help her out.

Granted, Allison was dead now — no thanks to a very evil spirit that tormented Meilani and the pack's lives named Void — but Chris was still around. He did take some time off from being a hunter, enjoying a nice little relationship with Melissa — something Meilani still tried to get used to, honestly — but he never minded if Meilani called him up for answers or questions. She was like a second daughter to him, even before he and Melissa started doing whatever it was that they were doing, and he'd drop just about anything for her.

However, it seemed the odds were, in fact, not in Meilani's favor that night because Chris hadn't answered. Neither did her mom and Meilani had frantically called Noah Stilinski by that point to make sure everything was okay. Thankfully, on that end, everything was and Melissa was just on a double shift and Noah didn't know where Chris was, but offered to tell him to call Meilani back if he ever saw him in town.