1.

MARIA POV..

"I really do hate you

"I really do hate you." I said to my mother as I slammed the door and walked out of the house waiting on my close friend to pick me up. He's always been there for me through it all i know I could depend on him. He knows how much me and my mother fights so I'm sure he knew what I was calling for.

"Let me guess y'all argued again huh?" He asked while we were on facetime.

"Sadly yes , she gets on my nerves .. I wanna move in with my grandma or something she's toxic and I just hate living in that household. It's not even being a strict parent she insults me and more." I told him.

"Man it's gone be alright , You know I'm here for you . But aye I'm on the way imma see you when I get there ,aight?" He replied.

"Yeah I hear you , thank you Caden. I love you and drive safe alright?" I said as I hung up the phone.

As soon as I hung up the phone I heard the door open fast while I was sitting on the front porch I turned around and it was my mother , throwing my clothes out.

"Since yo ugly ass wannabe grown imma show you grown. Get all ya shit and get to steppin and call that nappy headed ass boy and get out my house. Lil bad ass girl I didnt raise you like this you ain't get it from me either! You get this shit from your father." She said as she proceeded to throw out my clothes.

I shook my head and sighed and started to silent cry. I didn't even say anything back to her , if I did she'd tell me I was talking back which that wasn't the case. I got my clothes and I put them inside the bag she left me as I waited on Caden to arrive.

Speaking of him , he had pulled up. I hurried and grabbed all my clothes fast as I could , and I grabbed my phone and got inside of the car.

"Why you got your clothes wassup?"

"Bro she kicked me out , for what I don't know. I think she been treating me bad cause my dad left her and she probably think it's my fault. This shit ain't right I don't have anywhere to stay." I told him.

"You know you welcome at my house , we ain't got a extra bedroom since it's my sister , me , and my momma but you could maybe sleep on the couch or in my sister room." He shrugged .

I nodded my head and agreed. Ion really have friends he was my only friend and the only person I knew for years since we first moved here in Houston.

My family is originally from New Orleans . I'm not sure why we moved here in the first place but we have been staying here for about 5 years now and he was the first friend I made. I want to make new friends because I can't depend on Caden forever, I don't know how he feels.

We drove for about 15 minutes until we reached his house. I grabbed my clothes and my phone and I seen him getting out the car. He came over and helped me with my bags and I closed the car door. He gave me the keys to the house and I opened it.

"Caden who that be- Oh it's Maria hello baby!" His mom greeted me as we both walked in. "Oh I see you got bags .. You spending the night?"

"Um actually momma I was wondering could she stay here for a few weeks until she get settled somewhere if you don't mind....?" He told his mom.

"Of course , you could sleep on the couch or in Carmens room.." She said as she got out our way and i placed my bags in their hall closet. I then went inside his sister room.

"Hey Maria." She said smiling.

"Hey girl what you been up to" I replied back.

His sister was 13 , Meanwhile I was 16 and he was 17. Just by a couple of months.

TWO HOURS LATER.

It was then around 9:30 ish . His mom was sleep , Carmen was in her room with the door closed. I just decided to sleep on the couch because I didn't want to interrupt his sister neither him. 

"Why you in here alone?" He asked.

"Nothing really , I need to find out where imma stay I can't live with you forever you know?" I replied and he nodded.

"Well , You ain't got no family on yo dad side who live down here?" He asked

"Not that I know of ? I haven't talked to my dad in a month I'm gonna see if he'll let me stay over there , I'm sure he would." I told him

"Alright , you know I just want you to be safe and if he don't let you .. Then you know I got you .. sooner or later it don't even matter." He said and then i hugged him.

He hugged me back and then we let go. He was really my best friend I wouldn't consider this a close friend. He was always there for me through everything. My parents divorce , My mom hating me , My dad entering my life in and out. Throughout these 3 years we've been friends I couldn't ask for anybody better.