12.

MARIA.
2 WEEKS LTR

"Whats up? What you need right now?" I asked Caden over the phone.

"You can send me like $50? Its for gas. These prices high as fuck rn. Im trynna have enough gas for the rest of the week , So I can get back home later tonight.. I know that ain gone be enough tho." He said

I sighed and went to cash app to send him $55. Shit I barely got money myself right now whilst trying to take care of our daughter its really alot. At that Im trying my best to find a job but its really hard. If I do get a job I wont have anybody to watch our daughter because I know my mother isnt gonna wanna do it.

I checked to see what Ceeana was doing and she was sleeping. I couldn't really tell who she looked like right now because she was still young. I honestly wasnt ready for this mother shit I shouldve got an abortion because I know the more she grows up the harder our life would get.

"Have you been looking for a job?" My mother asked me.

I rolled my eyes because I know she clearly see me on this laptop on Indeed.com

"Nah I just got this shit in my lap for no reason???" I replied

"Dont be cursing at me , I told you what would come with this life you aint wanna listen chile... Your fault." She chuckled silently as she cooked.

"You really didn't tell me anything if you wanna be real .. you was never a good mother honestly. I hope I dont grow up to treat my daughter the way you treat me." I shrugged as I continued to tap on the computer.

I was scrolling until I seen a work from home job. I really dont wanna do that because when school starts how imma work from home?

I then felt a punch to the face , I mean it startled me actually. And it stung and I looked up slowly and it was my mother.

I know this bitch aint just punch me. Then all of a sudden Ceeana started to cry.

"You gone learn to watch your fucking mouth in my household you burnt out bitch. Show some fucking respect or you and your baby can get the hell out." She said walking back to the kitchen.

I picked my baby up from the couch and got her blankets and etc. Patting her while she was crying on my shoulder and I started to silently cry myself.

I didnt know what I was doing in life right now.

I picked up my phone from the couch , multitasking and told siri to call Caden as I stepped outside putting my slides on.

"Whats going on Maria?" He asked over the phone.

"Can you come get us from my mama house .. I know you at work and shit but its urgent. Please and thank you." I said then hung up the phone.

TWENTY MINS LTR.

"Damn what took you so long??" I asked him as I put a sleeping Ceeana in the carseat she had already in his car. I put her blanket on top of her and strapped her up and closed the door.

I hopped in the front seat and closed to car door and he shook his head.

"Now what I tell you-" I cut him off before he could even speak again , only because I know he was gone say I told you so.