Chapter 57

After reapplying Shadow Augment on my legs, I leaped at one of the Anties General and bit one of its legs off. "KREEEEEE!!" Along with that screech, the ant set its murderous eyes on me and tried to strike me down. But as of announcing that he hasn't lost yet, the Tronobo chose that moment to tackle the ant. This, of course, caused the ant to be pushed back, giving me another opportunity to strike.

"RAAAAHHHH!!" While screaming out that battle cry, I sprung towards the ant and smashed my claws on its face. But probably because of its hard-looking shell, I felt some slight resistance in my claws when it made its contact. Too hard, huh? I thought while landing on the ground.

But despite how hard that shell was, my claws still managed to inflict some damage on that ant. In particular, the ant's left eye was crushed along with the shallow cuts on the left side of its face.

"KRAAAAHHH!!" Taking advantage of that blind spot, the Tronobo rushed into the ant while making sure that he was positioned on the left side of the monster. Though of course, the Anties General wasn't fighting us alone. And as if trying to remind us of that fact, another ant jumped in front of the Tronobo to block its attack.

*BANG!!*

A dull sound rang as the second Anties General block the Tronobo's punch using four of its limbs. "KREEEEE!!" Then while screeching out like that, the other ant leaped above its comrades in order to strike the Tronobo in the head. But in that same instant, the Pronobo appeared and kicked that ant on its side sending it flying into the distance. Seeing that, the second ant tried to back away from the Tronobo but I wasn't about to let that happen.

Don't forget about me!! With that thought in mind, I charged towards the escaping ant and hacked away into the joint of its backmost leg breaking it in the process. Because of that, the ant's movements had slowed down, and it also lost its balance. Noticing that, I activated Accelerate whilst midair to propel myself back. And in just a blink of an eye, I was back in front of the falling ant and was about to swing my claws towards its neck.

*Clang*

As that sound reverberated inside my ears, I watched the ant stop my claws using its snippers. What?! I asked with eyes wide open. In the very next instant, I felt a mighty pull, and I was thrown into the ground.

Because of the impact from that, I was forced to spit all the oxygen inside my lungs. "Guh!!" But knowing that a follow up attack was coming, I didn't even have time to recover nor think about my next move. And so, trusting up my instinct, I activated an effect of Accelerate while still lying down.

*Fwooossh!!* That sound echoed as I propel myself away. A split second after that, two of the ant's legs smashed into that spot where I was lying down before. Thank goodness it worked. I thought while standing up in haste.

"Huff... Huff... Huff..."

Truth to be told, that was the first time I used that effect in such a way. After all, there wasn't any situation up to now where I needed to use that move like that. That was why, in all honesty, I never really thought that it could work like that. In short, it was nothing but a desperate gamble on my part.

So, I can use it like that huh? I concluded with relief. Anyway, I need to wrap this up, fast. I thought while glancing at the fight of the Gigarillon. And from what I could see, the guy was in a worse condition than before. At this rate, that guy will get himself killed and we will follow after that.

While I was trying to recover and come up with a solution, I noticed a notification displayed in front of me.

[Level up]

[Level up]

[Level up]

[Level up]

[Shadow Manipulation has ranked up.]