Chapter 17

[Evolution Complete]

The familiar mechanical voice announced. When I heard that, I instinctively opened my eyes. Then as I felt my senses slowly coming back to life, the mechanical voice spoke once again.

[As a result of evolution, Racial Skill Rabid Fangs has evolved into Racial Skill Blood Soaked Fangs]

[As a result of evolution, Inherent Skill Scratching Claws has evolved into Racial Skill Sharp Claws]

[Potential Boost's effect has been invoked, all basic traits of the individual (Unnamed) have all been doubled. And all on hand skills before evolution have also ranked up]

[Congratulations. Individual (Unnamed) have successfully evolved from Dire Wolf Variant into Great Wolf Variant]

Finally, my second evolution. I thought as I started checking my newly evolved body.

First, I checked if all of my injuries were truly healed just like what I had theorized. Luckily, it looked like it was all truly gone without even leaving any scars behind. And not only that, it also felt like I was way stronger than ever before. It was a completely different feeling compared to my first evolution, because this time, I could clearly tell the difference in power.

But of course, I have already learned my lesson and I was not gonna let this power go over my head. Unlike last time, now I had personally experienced how cruel this world could be. Moreover, I had already seen two truly powerful creatures with my own two eyes. And clearly, I was still just a small fry compared to them even after evolving.

After I had made sure that I have no other lingering injuries, I proceeded to check what was new with my body and the first thing I noticed was how much my body had increased in size. Of course, it was not a huge increase, but it was still significant enough that it would probably take some time before I get fully accustomed to it. To top it all off, there was also the change on my paws and fangs.

Compared to my previous form, my fangs were now sharper and bigger, particularly, the two fangs in front. If I had to describe it, it would be similar to the two huge fangs of a saber tooth. Well, the two were not as huge as that, but the size of the two were still vastly different compared to the others. Seriously, these things were clearly deadlier compared to my previous ones.

As for my paws, it now looked like the paws of a tiger. Because of that, these paws of mine now looked stronger than ever before. It even has sharp and pointed claws attached to it. And if my guess was right, I was pretty sure that these new claws of mine could now inflict some serious damage. Probably, these changes in my fangs and claws were due to my newly evolved skills.

When I was finally done checking the changes on my body, I then decided that it was finally time to check my new skills. And so, I summoned my status screen.

[Name: (Unnamed)]

[Race: Great Wolf Variant]

[Level: 20]

[Status: Healthy]

[Titles: Awakened One, The RunAway, Predator, Survivor]

[Skills: Blood Soaked Fangs (Rank D), Call of The Moon (Rank A), Night Vision (Rank S), Enhance Smell (Rank S), Enhance Hearing (Rank S), Recovery (Rank S), Detect Malice (Rank S), Sharp Claws (Rank D), Potential Boost (Rank C), Assess (Rank A), Presence of Mind (Rank C), Swiftness (Rank B), Haste (Rank B), Devour (Rank A), Hunt (Rank B), Antibodies (Rank C), Toughness (Rank C), Pain Endurance (Rank C), Conceal Presence (Rank C)]

Wait a minute... If I am remembering it correctly, skills will evolve the moment they reach rank S. But if that is really the case, why do these skills remain at rank S without showing any signs of evolving at all?