Chapter 14

Seriously?! I unconsciously yelp. Well, I really didn't yelp since it was physically impossible for me. But regardless, I was still able to make a pathetic whimper because of sheer shock. And don't blame me okay. I mean, come on! I knew that the thing lurking under the lake was ridiculously powerful, but I didn't expect it to be an actual DRAKE!! Seriously man, this thing was supposed to appear only when the character's level was already high (that was what normally happened in games and novels at least). But what about me? I was still a weak ass wolf!! A newbie!! An undeveloped MC!! So, why was that thing here even though I am still playing the tutorial!!

While I was there complaining behind the boulder. I saw the army of bees begin to make their move.

Led by the Bee General, the army of bees began to fly around the Swamp Drake. It was unbelievable but probably because of the presence of that Bee General, the bees were moving with incredible coordination. They were moving like a single entity circling around the Drake. Looking at their movements, I couldn't help but be reminded of that snake I have fought against before. But that was not the most surprising thing. Inconceivable as it was, those swarm of bees moving around the Swamp Drake were all just camouflage. Why? Well, it was because as the swarm of bees was encircling the Swamp Drake, some bees were moving independently towards the white flower.

Witnessing that scene, I couldn't believe that those same bees were of the same species as those dumb bees I have encountered before. Those bees were actually using tactics to fight the Drake... Unreal... It was a sight to behold. With this, I could now certainly say that monsters who have managed to evolve were not simply powerful. Most likely, they were all quite intelligent as well to some degree. I wonder if the snake I have fought before was an evolved species as well...? But of course, the Swamp Drake would not let the bees have their way just like that...

Before the stray bees managed to reach the flower, something fast and sharp cut through the air. And that thing did not stop at just killing the numerous bees flying around the Drake, it also managed to slice past those swarm of bees and kill all the strays which were trying to steal the white flower.

After killing all those stray bees, the Swamp Drake then proceeded to go on a rampage and slice apart the formation of the bees. Whatever it was that the Drake was doing, it was sharp and swift enough to shred those unfortunate bees into tiny pieces upon contact.

Bits and pieces of shredded bees flew in every direction. In a word, it was a massacre. Those bees didn't even have any chance to strike back using their needles, because when they tried, they were mercilessly sliced apart before they even managed to reach the Swamp Drake. But amidst all of that, one particular bee was dancing in the air dodging all of the Swamp Drake's attack. And that bee was the Bee General.

Despite facing an enormous and incredibly powerful opponent, the Bee General was flawlessly evading all the attacks that the Swamp Drake was throwing at it. As a matter of fact, the Bee General was even slowly trying to move towards the Swamp Drake. But as the distance between the Bee General and the Swamp Drake decreased, the Bee General began to struggle in avoiding every attack. Clearly, the Bee General was at a disadvantage since it couldn't even afford to be hit even once. Honestly, I personally thought that even just a simple graze would be enough to end the match. The Swamp Drake's power was just that far ahead compared to the Bee General.

Probably realizing the same thing as me, the Bee General slowly moved away from the Swamp Drake while gesturing the other bees to do the same. But of course, the bees' escape came at a price. And that price was the life of their comrades, because by the time the bees managed to get out of the Swamp Drake's range, about half of their forces were already dead.