Turning point?

Ever since that disastrous dinner, Lisa felt depressed. Not only had her secret been revealed to Jennie, but Tzuyu was pissed at her too. Lisa should have known things wouldn't go well. Jennie and Tzuyu just couldn't be in the room together at all. They were like a pair of cats.

Jennie had expressed her apologies in person to Lisa about what happened, and she had reassured Lisa she was fine with the secret friend in her pants, but it did little to fix Lisa's sour mood. Lisa hadn't wanted Jennie to know, and if she would have, it should have been on her own terms and not on Tzuyu's. Lisa went to work, did her job, and then came home and binge watched movies to forget about the real world for now.

She wasn't expecting Tzuyu to text her.

But when her phone buzzed with Tzuyu's number (she had it memorized, and wait, didn't Tzuyu delete it? Maybe she hadn't at all, given that she had given her number to Mina earlier- holy hell, did that mean Tzuyu had lied about deleting all of Lisa's information? That was great news! It meant Tzuyu hadn't permanently thought of removing Lisa!) she snatched it up and read the message. It said,

I'm srry. Can we meet in person so I can apologize?

Lisa's fingers hesitated over the buttons. She was still hurting from what Tzuyu did, but she supposed it would be best to deal with this in person instead of hiding away in her apartment forever. She texted out a quick yes and they began the process of setting up a time and place.

"Hey."

"Hey." Lisa breathed out and to say this meeting was awkward despite it just beginning, was an understatement. She had her hands shoved into her pockets while Tzuyu had her arms crossed in front of her chest defensively. She looked sleep deprived and Lisa wondered if it had anything to do with the terrible dinner.

"So, uh," Lisa coughed, as they continued to stand there loitering in front of the store, "do you wanna get a drink?" Lisa jerked her thumb to indicate the bar inside.

"Sure, I could go for a stiff one," Tzuyu said, eyes dipping lowly to Lisa's crotch before she headed out to the bar, Lisa trailing behind her and unsure if Tzuyu had really just insinuated what she thought had been insinuated by that look.

They sat down at a side table and Lisa tapped her fingers on the table, waiting for the waiter to come with their drinks. She had ordered a beer and Tzuyu a whiskey.

Silence filled with tension permeated them. At long last, after avoiding looking at each other, Tzuyu spoke. "I'm...I'm sorry for what I said at dinner. I shouldn't have exposed you. It was the wrong thing to do." She squirmed uncomfortably at the table but powered on. "I was just...pissed off at Jennie, your girlfriend," her lip curled up in disdain at this. "She drives me crazy."

"Yea, she doesn't like you either," Lisa said flatly. No use in trying to dress the issue.

"Really, I couldn't tell," Tzuyu rolled her eyes sarcastically. "But seriously, I'm sorry for what I did. Can you forgive me?"

Lisa nodded her head. To hear Tzuyu apologize like this- it was a big deal. The woman never apologized for anything or to anyone so for her to do this now was a big deal. "I accept the apology. Just, don't bring those things up, again."

Tzuyu nodded her head, the look of penance on her face already long gone and replaced by something sharper, more conniving. "I didn't think it would be a big deal. If I had known I wouldn't have said anything. But I assumed you and Jennie had sex already."

What should Lisa say for this? They technically didn't have sex, but they were in a 'relationship' and she had to convince Tzuyu.

"It took us a while before we could do it. Remember?" Tzuyu reached out and stroked the back of Lisa's hand. "You were so shy about it."