Freedom

The words stuck in Lisa's throat. "And...and are you-"

Jennie shook her head quickly at the visible panic on Lisa's face. "I told her I did. But she never said I couldn't get back together with you. So, Lisa, will you be my girlfriend again?" She grasped Lisa's hands in her own.

Lisa nearly sagged with relief. "Of course I will. You had me worried for a second."

"There was no way I would actually break up with you."

"But what will your mother do when she finds out we're still together?"

"Mother should have been clearer with her words," Jennie shrugged unapologetically.

Lisa only smiled at that, kissing Jennie on her lips. She was happy they were together (again, though did the break up count if it had only been in name?) and that this Jessica situation had gotten ironed out. Though there was still the issue of the dinner with Cora.

And the burning need to know more about why Jessica had been so obsessed with Jennie.

"Can you fill me in more on Jessica? I'm uncomfortable not knowing anything about the two of you," Lisa said. "Especially given how insistent she was that she could get you back."

"Are you sure you want to hear the story? Won't it make you upset?"

Lisa nodded her head yes. "It probably will, but I want to hear it anyways. I don't know too much about your life yet and I want to know more."

Jennie acquiesced to that. "Fair is fair. I'll keep the story to the point." She sat down on the couch, patting the spot next to her for Lisa to join. "Jessica is my oldest customer. And she was my first one.

"When I first decided to rebel against my mother, I did it in many ways. Drugs, drinking, partying, and generally spending my early twenties wasting my parents money. It ended up not working effectively, because they just sent me away to a rehab. This was a high end rehab, where celebrities and other important people went. It was there I met Jessica. She was one of my mother's 'friends'. Both of them had powerful positions and though Jessica was open at her love for women, mother worked and tolerated that because of Jessica's money and power.

"Jessica was in rehab for drug abuse; not her first trip. There we ended up getting along because of my mother's name. And soon, we started getting along a bit too well if you catch my drift," Jennie said evasively.

"I had always been curious about women's bodies but I never really acted out on it because I was busy acting out in other ways and I had never really met any woman who garnered my attentions that way until Jessica, who I respected at the time. She and I, dabbled in broadening our relationship into other areas. And when I finally exited rehab, I decided to get my life together, and leave the house so I could do whatever I wanted. I finally got a good paying job, and then to piss my mother off in the one way that would truly be annoying to her, I joined an escort business. Jessica became one of my customers. And that leads us up to now, and her visiting.

"I knew all about her temperaments. She had never been level headed or one to do things easily. She always did grand gestures and when angered had no bounds. I expected her to be upset about my dropping the escort job, but I hadn't expected her to be this upset about it. Whatever sparks we had fizzled out a long time ago and I thought it was true on her part too but it seems I was wrong." Jennie concluded this and let out a breath at finally having this all off of her chest.

Lisa sat there processing everything, in the end shaking her head in wonder. "I can't believe that you were such a party animal when you were younger."