8. Lee Heeseung - Serial Killer

(don't be concerned by the title btw) 😁

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

          10:18... 10:20... 10:26... 10:30! Finally, another long, terrible day was over. Your hands were a bright shade of red, your neck was aching, and the amount of yelling you took from Karen's today was making your head pound.

"Where are you going?? You have to clean up the store today"

DAMN IT! Reluctantly, everything was cleaned with the occasional skipping of a couple of spots because it was late and you weren't in the mood to be cleaning this late at night. You turned off the lights and locked the doors to the ice cream shop behind you. It was mid-spring but it was still chilly at night. There was barely anyone on the street and it was dark besides the flashing lights of cars speeding past you. With one flash of a nearby car's headlight, a shadow was cast showing a tall figure walking behind you. That was just my shadow, right? I'm just being paranoid. Right?? But what if there is a serial killer trying to grab me and chop off my- no no no I can't think like that. It's probably just someone walking home as well...

You recalled watching a video online instructing you to make 3 turns in the same direction to see if someone is really following you. Yes, it was strange but it could save your life in case this was a serial killer. So you followed everything you could remember from that video and to your horror, that person turned the corner right behind you every single time. You had your fists clenched ready to punch whoever was behind you. A familiar store came into view signaling you were just a block away from your apartment. Soon enough you were walking by the last row of apartment buildings. But this person was still right behind you, following you all the way from your workplace. Right in front of your apartment, the man began walking faster eventually reaching right behind your shoulder.

"OOMPH- HEY!! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!"

Out of reflex, you swung your fists hitting the person right in the stomach as he attempted grabbing you.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! I'M TRYING TO PROTECT MYSELF, YOU STALKER SERIAL KILLER! YOU TRIED GRABBING ME!!"

"THIS IS MY APARTMENT YOU CRAZY PERSON, I WASN'T EVEN TOUCHING YOU!!"

Shit. He lives here. What do I do now? I can't unpunch him now..

"OH MY GOSH I'M SO SORRY, ARE YOU OKAY?" Damn it you really screwed up now, Y/N. Your damn paranoia.

"I'm fine. Stop screaming it's late and I'd like to be in the comfort of my own home without a screaming lady trying to punch me. Maybe next time I really will be a serial killer and kill you for this."

With that he went inside the apartment leaving you standing there exactly like this: ☃︎

"pleasedontkillmepleasedontkillmepleasedontkillme"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So how's that for creativity? Super bad and unoriginal but I promise I'll do better for the Jay one. Scary to think this actually happened to me. I was followed but when I was about to stab the guy with my keys it turns out it was just a regular dude. Whoops 😬. I'm currently scraping any ideas I have for the next one and putting them down on paper. 🙂 Hopefully, I get any ideas from the things I imagine in my head to help me sleep :)

Written: 5.14.21
Word count: 581