35. hbd jay <3

- hellooooo. should I do bday updates for each member from now on? to remind myself to update ofc. enjoy this before I disappear for another hot second 😍 -

✄  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

it'd be too cliché to say the rain was romantic, wouldn't it? But how else could you describe the moment between the two of you, perfectly comfortable in the living room with the faint sound of the rain trickling down the window behind you. Despite it having been his birthday, it might as well have been yours given the day he treated you to. A packed, home-cooked meal you shared at the park followed by a date to the city. The day finally came to an end with the first droplets of rain, chasing the two of you home. 

and then that feeling. 

that sinking feeling in your stomach. the cake. for weeks you had planned how this whole day would have gone with the center piece of it all being the cake. and yet you still managed to forget the most important part. you got up from your seat on the sofa in a hurry, only to be stopped by jay himself. "where are you going? we haven't picked a movie yet." 

"uh I think I have a DVD version of a movie I want to watch somewhere. I'll go look for it. Don't move. I'll be right back."

feeling his eyes on you as you hurried yourself into your room with your phone held tight in your hand. once you were in the clear, you dialed the number of the bakery where you had the cake all set and ready. It was quite late at night, how could they still be open at 9pm??pleasepickup pleasepickuppleasepick- "Hello, this is xxx bakery, how may I help you?" in a hushed voice, you quickly spoke before hanging up and leaving the room once again. 

"and the DVD?" there it was. that face he makes when he knows you're on to something. you could never get anything past him. no matter how hard you try.

"funny story actually. I might have left it at my friend's house. from the last time we hung out at her place.. but I was thinking. after all, it is your birthday so you should get to pick. it's only fair."

that awkward little walk you did from the room back to your spot on the couch beside jay was in fact embarrassing for you. as was practically anything you did while he was watching. however, without a word, he opened his arms to welcome you back into the hug you were sandwiched in before. the movie began playing shortly after you scooched in beside him, enjoying the serenity of the moment. that was until the doorbell rung, peeling your focus away from the TV and to the front door. Jay, taking note of this, let you go after becoming too invested in the movie. You tiptoed to the door, paying for the expenses and quickly took the cake to the kitchen counter to light the candles and present it to him. Unfortunately for you, the candles just had to be in the drawer full of different things. After a minute of careful shuffling, you found the new box of candles, taking three out and lighting them on top of the cake. 

"happy birthday!" you said after jumping in between the couch and the TV. after he blew out his candles, he laughed which only confused you. Nothing you did was really that funny. But you finally realized what had happened when he got up to the fridge and mirrored your display of the cake with another.

"why would you buy yourself a cake, dummy?? that ruins the surprise I had going on"

"because. anyways, we'll be eating cake for the rest of the week."

✄ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

the way I made sure to post this at 11:11 exactly 😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨 anyways, I TOOK MY PASSPORT PICS TODAY AND I LOOK ASS. I will carry that to my grave. OH AND UM TINY LIFE UPDATE I SAW THIS CUTE BOY AT MY LOCAL FUCKING MINI-MARKET. HE WORKS THERE PART-TIME BUT I NEVER WANNA GO BACK THERE EVER AGAIN. I EMBARRASSED MYSELF AFTER DROPPING A CAN OF TUNA AND DOING THAT AWKWARD SHUFFLE TO PICK IT UP. 0/10 first encounter. BRO WHY ARE HISPANICS THAT DON'T HAVE SAGGING PANTS SO CUTE. UGH.  anyways, friends first bc I'm going on a picnic w my friends. FINALLY GOING OUT IN A LONG LONG TIME. imma be broke afterwards bc i gotta buy a lot of things ;-;

ANYWAYS BYE BYEEE

written: 4.19.22

word count: 868