19. When you forget their birthday [𝚑𝚢𝚞𝚗𝚐 𝚟𝚎𝚛.]

𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚊𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚌? 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚎𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚊𝚛𝚔, 𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚊𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚊. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚜𝚘 𝚗𝚎𝚛𝚍𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚖𝚢 (𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 :𝚙), 𝚒 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚒𝚝 😩💕

𝑆𝑖𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛: 𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑐𝑟𝑎𝑚𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑡𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑜𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑖𝑟 𝑏𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑑𝑎𝑦

𝙃𝙚𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙜:

- Your test started in less than an hour and you were rushing to memorize everything you learned.

- He creeps up behind you and stares at you flipping through your book. "Whatchu doinggg?"

- "Studying. Please leave me alone, my test is in 30 minutes"

- "Fine." He sat across from you, resting his head on the countertop waiting for you to acknowledge him.

- "Heeseung?"

- "Yes?" He perked up immediately.

- "What day is it today?"

- "Friday, why?" He got sulky again and melted back onto the countertop.

- "Phew. My test is on Monday, nevermind"

- "I was going to let you realize but now I think you just forgot. It's my birthday."

- You just remembered it was October 15, Heeseung's birthday. You put away your stuff and tried to apologize but he wasn't up for it. You left to buy a small cake and when you came back he was fine and willingly ate the cake with you.

𝙅𝙖𝙮:

- Nothing you were studying was going to remain in your memory for the test, you knew that but you still continued with a sliver of hope.

- Jay was cooking breakfast for the two of you.

- He was planning on taking you out on a date for his birthday (make it expensive 😌jk)

- "Sorry Jay, I can't go. I have this test and it's really important" 

- "That's okay"

- He eats breakfast and helps you study.

- Doesn't complain but it secretly upset because he planned things out already :(

- He's determined to still do at least half the things he was planning

- Waits for you to finish the test and then rushes you to get dressed.

- Takes you to help buy dinner and eat cake at a fancy restaurant (super $$ cuz he's Park freakin Jay)

𝙅𝙖𝙠𝙚:

- Your test was in the afternoon but Jake was very understanding and supportive (Love him 🤗🔪🔪)

- He cares about your academic performance (I mean come on, he likes physics 🙄✋)

- "Focus, Y/n focus"

- "I'm trying!"

- Studies with you and makes sure your completely ready for the test.

- Puts off his birthday to be your emotional support since the test is really hard.

- Layla too. Emotional support level 10000000000000000000 (😍😍 omg Layla🙈😳)

- Won't tell you it's his birthday until you finish the test

- Calms you down before you throw an entire worldwide celebration (I would tho and one for Layla too- 🙈)

- You insist on at least having a small stay-at-home party with only the three of you (Layla included)

- Layla saves you from forgetting a gift by giving Jake her favorite toy 😭💗

- He's content with your mini-celebration :)

𝙎𝙪𝙣𝙜𝙝𝙤𝙤𝙣:

- He didn't want to bother you while you were studying so he just left you alone 

- You didn't notice him enter and leave the room due to the flying papers, open books, and stacked textbooks on the table.

- He would occasionally come out of his room to make sure you would okay until you were done with your test.

- He didn't think you would flip out over forgetting his birthday but when he told you, you began apologizing like crazy.

- "It's okay it doesn't matter" 

- In the end, you have to force him to let you buy him things for his birthday

- He'll still happily take them since you tried really hard (I'm simping harder for him now😔)

- He didn't really mind that you forgot because you were preoccupied but he's super happy that you are basically pampering him

- You put up a reminder every year for his birthday so you don't forget (lol I never use reminders)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I would feel so guilty if I forgot someone's birthday. I'm normally really good at remembering things so birthdays aren't something I forget often. I would throw an entire worldwide party and put up billboards across the globe and shit like that for them no cap. I'd just total to a very high price. I'll need to steal Jay's credit card to pay for it 👀

Written: 6.4.21

Word count: 786