Coffee Machine

Edward sighed as he walked through the halls of the hospital. Everyone has been in a bad mood lately. Wilford had to let his employees take a break to go to two funerals. Dark was upset about the person he met in the ally and Edward just had to deal with it all. Google was surprisingly in high spirits. His night walks were almost daily now and he was always texting someone on his phone.

Edward muttered something foul as he turned the corner and walked into the break room. "Edward come and meet someone."

Edward turned to look at Cat, a nurse. She was standing next to a man who seemed to be shaking. "This is Henrik. He's the new surgeon. He's been working the night shift." she said.

Henrik nodded, still shaking. "Are you okay?" Edward asked.

Henrik nodded. "I have not caught up vith my sleep schedule and have drunk a lot of coffee."

"You're German?" Edward asked.

"Ja I moved from Ireland zhough. Your American schedule is very different. And everything is very different. How many fast-food restaurants do you need?" Henrik asked, with a smirk.

Edward growled. "Well us Americans actually have food with flavour!"

"Flavour that makes you extremely fat," Henrik replied.

"Listen you prick I just want a fucking coffee."

Henrik shrugged and pointed across the room to where the coffee machine sat. "I'm not in your way, zhe coffee machine is over zhere."

Edward scoffed. "Yeah, you'd know that. I know a coffee addict when I see one. I work with them."

Henrik rolled his eyes. "Und I operate on zhem, Doctah."

Edward ignored the heat that went to his cheeks. Cat sighed. "Sorry, Henrik."

Henrik didn't reply and walked out of the room. Edward grabbed a cup, muttering to himself. Why did that man have to make a bad day worse? He already hated the other doctor, hated his accent and hated his eyes and how his hair looked so soft. Edward shook his head. No, he hated the other doctor he didn't like the way he said doctor he-

He crushed the cup in his hand and threw it away. Shit!